Windows 10: How in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks am I supposed to get my swipe gestures back??? This...

Discus and support How in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks am I supposed to get my swipe gestures back??? This... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Apparently the new update has f***ed some things up, and now my three finger swipe to navigate forward and backwards in browser (alt + left/right) -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by redwolfjo3, Jun 18, 2019.

1. How in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks am I supposed to get my swipe gestures back??? This...

Apparently the new update has f***ed some things up, and now my three finger swipe to navigate forward and backwards in browser (alt + left/right) - that I have been using for literally years - instead swaps windows (alt + Tab).

I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere on how to get my gesture back!!!

All the "solutions" I find say I need Precision Touchpad, which I thought I had. But I go to the settings and it shows as bog standard w/o the extra options to change any gesture settings!!! I was literally able to swipe back and forth just fine a mere DAYS AGO!!!

Can someone please help?!?!

***Moved From: Windows 10/Windows settings***

:)

redwolfjo3, Jun 18, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Swipe gestures

Hi Patrick,

Touchpad gestures in laptops are available as long as your computer has a precision touch pad. Many computer manufacturers add multi-gestures to the touchpad of their computers so that users can have more options. Since you're using Windows 10 on a Mac computer,
    kindly make sure your device has a precision touchpad. If you're using Windows 10 on your Mac computer, you can easily check if it has a precision touchpad by doing these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Devices.
    • On the left pane, choose Mouse & touchpad.
    • Check if you can see "Your PC has a precision touchpad" under Touchpad. If so, you will see different gesture options.

If you cannot see "Your PC has a precision touchpad" under Touchpad, you can still check if your computer has multi-gesture options. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo (Settings), and then click Run.
    • In the Run textbox, type main.cpl.
    • If you can see an extra tab beside the Hardware tab, your computer has multi-gesture options. You can access that tab to see if you'll be able to remove the swipe gestures.

If you have additional questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Swipe gestures

When I go to devices, all it shows it mouse. No touchpad. And when I try the 2nd option, there is nothing next to the hardware tab except for SetPoint(a Logitech thing)

Patrick O'Connor1622, Jun 18, 2019
  4. How in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks am I supposed to get my swipe gestures back??? This...

Swipe Gestures for Windows Phone Tango...

I was hoping M$ implement more swipe gestures, such as double-finger swipe from top of the screen downwards to lock the screen rather than to just have a dedicated lock button...please, oh please..

And to implement more user-friendly swipe gestures...even better than ifone....

TryllZHuuD, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

How in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks am I supposed to get my swipe gestures back??? This...

1. How in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks am I supposed to get my swipe gestures back??? This... - Similar Threads - double hockey sticks

2. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?: I have two E: drives and two F: drives exactly the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-double-drives-ee-same-folders-in/6a1a17be-092a-4ab4-8237-8c50fb604d9b
  3. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?: I have two E: drives and two F: drives exactly the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-double-drives-ee-same-folders-in/6a1a17be-092a-4ab4-8237-8c50fb604d9b
  4. How am I supposed to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I supposed to fix this?: Hi, I have a problem that I’ve tried to fix for 6 hours and nothing works. I turn on my pc and my monitors, keyboard, mouse and microphone don’t turn on, however the pc is running normally with the fans spinning and lights on. How am I supposed to fix this? Much help needed...
  5. How am I supposed to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How am I supposed to fix this?: Hi, I have a problem that I’ve tried to fix for 6 hours and nothing works. I turn on my pc and my monitors, keyboard, mouse and microphone don’t turn on, however the pc is running normally with the fans spinning and lights on. How am I supposed to fix this? Much help needed...
  6. How am I supposed to fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How am I suppose to reset my PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I suppose to reset my PIN?: I am facing a serious problem. When I turn on my laptop it ask my to enter PIN to login. While after I enter it says cannot verify my PIN, which I am sure its correct. It ask my to reset my PIN, and I followed it. Then after I enter my password and verified through email, it...
  8. How can i disable the annoying swipe gestures in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i disable the annoying swipe gestures in Windows 10?: these annoying swipe gestures are destroying the ability to use Windows productively - every time I move the cursor to the right it minimizes all open windows and opens the "New Desktop" thing that I have no use for and I have to fight with it to reopen he previous window,...
  9. Swipe gesture for Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Swipe gesture for Start Menu: Hello, I have a touchscreen attached and I was wondering if there was a swipe gesture to get the Start menu to appear. If I swipe from the left to right, I get the task switcher. If I swipe from the right to left, I get the notification bar. If I swipe from the top to down...
  10. How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?: Hi there. When a window has horizontal scroll bar the horizontal two-finger gesture scrolls the window. But when no such scroll bar this gesture makes Back or Forward swipes. How to disable two-finger swipes at all and leave only the scroll behaviour? Regards....