Windows 10: How in the world do I get out of the Windows 8.1-10 Upgrade screen?

Discus and support How in the world do I get out of the Windows 8.1-10 Upgrade screen? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, this may sound stupid. While trying to upgrade from 8.1 to 10, I skipped the command prompt setup step and inserted the flashdrive and restarted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Will6465, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Will6465 Win User

How in the world do I get out of the Windows 8.1-10 Upgrade screen?

So, this may sound stupid. While trying to upgrade from 8.1 to 10, I skipped the command prompt setup step and inserted the flashdrive and restarted. Answered a few questions about how I didn’t want to keep my stuff and start new I got the PC from my dad, and it put me to the Language, Time, and Keyboard method screen. Unfortunately, I don’t have a keyboard right now, will be important later. Got through the installation, PC restarts, and… I’m back at the setup screen. Thought it was a bug, reinput everything, same thing happens. Removing the flashdrive greets me with a warning that it’ll re

:)

Will6465, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

1. How in the world do I get out of the Windows 8.1-10 Upgrade screen? - Similar Threads - world Upgrade screen

2. How do i get out of the advanced options screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i get out of the advanced options screen: So yesterday i tried Resetting my desktop pc but i was stuck on a black screen after i waited the whole evening nothing happened tried restarting the pc nothing worked then i went looking inside my pc unplugged everything found a cable inside of the motherboard not correctly...
  3. How do i get out of the advanced options screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get out of the advanced options screen: So yesterday i tried Resetting my desktop pc but i was stuck on a black screen after i waited the whole evening nothing happened tried restarting the pc nothing worked then i went looking inside my pc unplugged everything found a cable inside of the motherboard not correctly...
  4. How do i get out of the advanced options screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How in the world do I get out of the Windows 8.1-10 Upgrade screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How in the world do I get out of the Windows 8.1-10 Upgrade screen?: So, this may sound stupid. While trying to upgrade from 8.1 to 10, I skipped the command prompt setup step and inserted the flashdrive and restarted. Answered a few questions about how I didn’t want to keep my stuff and start new I got the PC from my dad, and it put me to the...
  6. How do I upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10: How do I upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-10/900b53f2-4ace-427a-a8ff-c22e93834191
  7. How do I upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10: How do I upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-10/900b53f2-4ace-427a-a8ff-c22e93834191
  8. How do I get Windows 10 on this Windows 8 computer I bought?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get Windows 10 on this Windows 8 computer I bought?: I am not good with computers I bought this used in trying to updste it cuz it's not letting me do anything how do I get windows 10 * Original title Windows * Moved from Windows 8/Update...
  9. How do I get out of full screen mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get out of full screen mode?: All my windows have gone to full screen only. How do I get out of full screen mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-out-of-full-screen-mode/d6a94dce-cd6d-4f01-9ad3-f6e2c6825059
  10. How do I get out of full screen mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get out of full screen mode?: All my windows have gone to full screen only. How do I get out of full screen mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-get-out-of-full-screen-mode/d6a94dce-cd6d-4f01-9ad3-f6e2c6825059