Windows 10: How install windows10 on a usb stick ?

Discus and support How install windows10 on a usb stick ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'd like to install windows10 on a usb stick. If I boot from the installation media the windows installer doesn't see any usb stick, the the discs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/belibelibelib, Nov 14, 2019.

1. How install windows10 on a usb stick ?

Hi, I'd like to install windows10 on a usb stick. If I boot from the installation media the windows installer doesn't see any usb stick, the the discs. How can I install windows to a usb stick ?

submitted by /u/belibelibelib
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/belibelibelib, Nov 14, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 14, 2019
  3. how to burn and iso to usb stick Windows10

how to burn and iso to usb stick Windows10

Arthur Larson, Nov 14, 2019
  4. KittLee Win User

How install windows10 on a usb stick ?

Creating an installation USB stick

How install windows10 on a usb stick ? 4558cbb8-24e2-4ac7-88aa-715c13b96ec0.png

It says "Then have to find on the download file Steps for Creating an installation USB stick "

I don't really know what it means, and I can't find anything for installation USB stick in the
    Windows 10 ISO file.

Does anyone know what I should do?

KittLee, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

How install windows10 on a usb stick ?

1. How install windows10 on a usb stick ? - Similar Threads - install windows10 usb

2. How to fix the letter of a USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the letter of a USB stick: Hello,I have one USB stick A, which I always use and I need to fix the letter of it.So, I did as:Inserted the USB A into my Windows 11 computer;Started the disk manager;Right-clicked the USB A and chose Change Drive Letter and Path for I: ;I hoped the USB A 's letter to be...
  3. How to fix the letter of a USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the letter of a USB stick: Hello,I have one USB stick A, which I always use and I need to fix the letter of it.So, I did as:Inserted the USB A into my Windows 11 computer;Started the disk manager;Right-clicked the USB A and chose Change Drive Letter and Path for I: ;I hoped the USB A 's letter to be...
  4. windows10 booablet stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows10 booablet stick: windos10 reparatur stck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-booablet-stick/fd5a7b0c-3ef5-480f-9141-547ead27ff79
  5. creating Windows10 repair USB stick with my Chromebook

creating Windows10 repair USB stick with my Chromebook: Is it possible to create a new repair USB stick with my Chromebook for my other Windows10 laptop that won't open?I'm not very computer literate but the Windows10 laptop turns on but that's it...
  6. How prevent autorenaming of USB stick ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How prevent autorenaming of USB stick ?: A permanently connected USB stick which I lettered as A:\ in Disk Management, shows there with the name I originally gave it in File Explorer, but in File Explorer, it now shows 'Floppy Disc Drive' and reverts to that even when I change the name. How can I restore my ability...
  7. Clean Install 1903 with USB stick

Clean Install 1903 with USB stick: Hello. If I try to clean install 1903 with just the installation USB stick attached to my laptop, will I run into this? "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10" error on a computer that has a USB device or SD card attached Does anyone know if the 1903 ISO has been...
  8. usb stick

usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...
  9. How to do a clean install with a USB-stick booter

How to do a clean install with a USB-stick booter: Hi. When I had to do a clean install of my Win7, I did it by going into the BIOS during POST and changing the boot order to 'DVD drive' (as I did when I built the PC). For both the first install and the reinstall, I tried to do it as UEFI but failed. However, it now turns out...
  10. How to easily make an installation USB stick from an ISO

How to easily make an installation USB stick from an ISO: So you want to reinstall Windows 10, or maybe dual-boot with Linux? Then (especially with Linux) you are like "How to I make the ISO installable from?" Then you've come to the right place. Use this software called Rufus (rufus.akeo.ie). Its really fast and can use about any...