Windows 10: how installed windows 7 drive D while i have already window 10 on C drive

Discus and support how installed windows 7 drive D while i have already window 10 on C drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear, I have HP Core I7 laptop and installed window 10, but I want a second operating system on other partition D window 7, is this possible,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AKMAL1128, Sep 16, 2020.

1. AKMAL1128 Win User

how installed windows 7 drive D while i have already window 10 on C drive

Dear,

I have HP Core I7 laptop and installed window 10, but I want a second operating system on other partition D window 7, is this possible,

:)

AKMAL1128, Sep 16, 2020
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Sep 16, 2020
  3. phanbuey Win User
    HELP - Drive not recognized in Windows 7 install

Im having a hell of a time trying to install a clean install of windows 7 on a Samsung spinpoint f1 320GB drive.

The BIOS sees the drive... BUT the RAID controller won't see it if I try to add it to an array.

The command prompt (recovery prompt in w7 setup) also sees the drive as C:\, and can format it, rename it, etc... I can also browse the drive for drivers (its empty, but it shows up in the device list when if i click to install controller drivers)

But when I go to try and install W7 to that drive it doesn't show up...

:/ im a bit lost... also neither fixmbr or fixboot are part of the recover console on w7 so im stuck with chkdsk, which says the drive is fine, and format, which I have done twice...

helppppp..

I forgot to add that I have a second drive, a Seagate 500GB 7200.11, that DOES show up in the setup...

phanbuey, Sep 16, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

Windows drive labeled ad D: instead of C:

That doesn't work very well, some software/drivers will NOT install to any drive but the C drive because the person who compiled them was an idiot *Smile how installed windows 7 drive D while i have already window 10 on C drive :)

niko084, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. how installed windows 7 drive D while i have already window 10 on C drive - Similar Threads - installed drive while

2. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  3. Windows is installed on C drive but boot files are on D drive. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is installed on C drive but boot files are on D drive. Why?: I told the Windows 10 setup app to install Windows on C drive, n SSD. It's there, but the boot files are somehow on D drive, a HDD. One thing I noticed in BIOS was that it sees the HDD as drive 0 and the SSD as drive one. How does that happen and how can I correct it?...
  4. Installing Windows while its already installed on another drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows while its already installed on another drive?: So I'm gonna build my old man a new PC today. His old one already has Windows installed on an SSD. However this was a pre-built, so we dont have any Code or CD. I bought him an Nvme, on which I want to install Windows. I bought a new copy but now i dont really know if its...
  5. C: and D: drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: and D: drives: Laptop came with Windows 8 and 1 TB hard drive which I have 700GB free. Updated to Windows 10 and C: drive is still free but 25GB D: is full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-and-d-drives/036ccbb4-a114-453d-880a-ccece386f1e0
  6. Windows folder in c and d drives

Windows folder in c and d drives: I have my windows installed in my c drive but i saw another windows folder on d drive. Can i delete this and how? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-folder-in-c-and-d-drives/c9ab0bb9-8127-40f9-a7d1-46375afa080f
  7. How to move Folders from C drive to D Drive (Windows 10)?

How to move Folders from C drive to D Drive (Windows 10)?: Hi, I am new to windows, have used MacOS since the early 90’s. This is probably a simple question but my C drive 100GB & the D drive is 142GB. The OS has used 43.3 GB, so I would just like to move folders such as documents, music, downloads etc to the larger D drive. Or is it...
  8. C Drive vs. D Drive

C Drive vs. D Drive: Hello--looking for some assistance with designating storage to the D drive on my computer. I have the settings arranged so that all new download content is supposed to go to the D drive--music, etc.--but it is still going to the C drive anyway. Thanks for any help!...
  9. D drive installations instead of C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    D drive installations instead of C drive: During installations of any of my apps I always try to install them on my D drive. (Not MS Store apps, I can't stand that drivel.) I notice that certain apps absolutely refuse to offer any alternative installation location besides the C drive (system drive). No such dialogue...
  10. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...