Windows 10: how installed windows 7 drive D while i have already window 10 on C drive

Discus and support how installed windows 7 drive D while i have already window 10 on C drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear, I have HP Core I7 laptop and installed window 10, but I want a second operating system on other partition D window 7, is this possible,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AKMAL1128, Sep 16, 2020.

1. AKMAL1128 Win User

how installed windows 7 drive D while i have already window 10 on C drive

Dear,

I have HP Core I7 laptop and installed window 10, but I want a second operating system on other partition D window 7, is this possible,

:)

AKMAL1128, Sep 16, 2020
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Sep 16, 2020
  3. phanbuey Win User
    HELP - Drive not recognized in Windows 7 install

Im having a hell of a time trying to install a clean install of windows 7 on a Samsung spinpoint f1 320GB drive.

The BIOS sees the drive... BUT the RAID controller won't see it if I try to add it to an array.

The command prompt (recovery prompt in w7 setup) also sees the drive as C:\, and can format it, rename it, etc... I can also browse the drive for drivers (its empty, but it shows up in the device list when if i click to install controller drivers)

But when I go to try and install W7 to that drive it doesn't show up...

:/ im a bit lost... also neither fixmbr or fixboot are part of the recover console on w7 so im stuck with chkdsk, which says the drive is fine, and format, which I have done twice...

helppppp..

I forgot to add that I have a second drive, a Seagate 500GB 7200.11, that DOES show up in the setup...

phanbuey, Sep 16, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

Windows drive labeled ad D: instead of C:

That doesn't work very well, some software/drivers will NOT install to any drive but the C drive because the person who compiled them was an idiot *Smile how installed windows 7 drive D while i have already window 10 on C drive :)

niko084, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. how installed windows 7 drive D while i have already window 10 on C drive - Similar Threads - installed drive while

2. Drive C/D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive C/D: So my local disk C is full because it has barely any storage and i need to download some stuff but i cant and i want to switch to my D drive because it has a lot more storage but i dont know what the consequences are and how to do it and if i can do it. If someone could help...
  3. I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.: [IMG][IMG]Now I have program files in both my C and D drives. I have sent you 2 images, please consider my request. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-accidentally-merged-my-c-drive-and-d-drive/1d19a627-e84a-4622-a72e-91ed005a5c7c
  4. C drive and D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive and D drive: Hi, I was looking through my files and found my brother's files on my D drive. I asked him to move it to C drive so that it wouldn't appear on my D drive, but when I checked my C drive, he's files were there. I share a laptop with my brother and have our own accounts. Is the...
  5. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  6. Windows is installed on C drive but boot files are on D drive. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is installed on C drive but boot files are on D drive. Why?: I told the Windows 10 setup app to install Windows on C drive, n SSD. It's there, but the boot files are somehow on D drive, a HDD. One thing I noticed in BIOS was that it sees the HDD as drive 0 and the SSD as drive one. How does that happen and how can I correct it?...
  7. Installing Windows while its already installed on another drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows while its already installed on another drive?: So I'm gonna build my old man a new PC today. His old one already has Windows installed on an SSD. However this was a pre-built, so we dont have any Code or CD. I bought him an Nvme, on which I want to install Windows. I bought a new copy but now i dont really know if its...
  8. C: and D: drives

C: and D: drives: Laptop came with Windows 8 and 1 TB hard drive which I have 700GB free. Updated to Windows 10 and C: drive is still free but 25GB D: is full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-and-d-drives/036ccbb4-a114-453d-880a-ccece386f1e0
  9. How to move Folders from C drive to D Drive (Windows 10)?

How to move Folders from C drive to D Drive (Windows 10)?: Hi, I am new to windows, have used MacOS since the early 90’s. This is probably a simple question but my C drive 100GB & the D drive is 142GB. The OS has used 43.3 GB, so I would just like to move folders such as documents, music, downloads etc to the larger D drive. Or is it...
  10. D drive installations instead of C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    D drive installations instead of C drive: During installations of any of my apps I always try to install them on my D drive. (Not MS Store apps, I can't stand that drivel.) I notice that certain apps absolutely refuse to offer any alternative installation location besides the C drive (system drive). No such dialogue...