Windows 10: How is Cisco Webex getting access to my personal mailbox.

Discus and support How is Cisco Webex getting access to my personal mailbox. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Cisco Webex has real time access to my personal calendar on an Exchange mailbox despite my efforts to secure the mailbox. Your first reaction to this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jaygourley, Apr 21, 2020.

1. How is Cisco Webex getting access to my personal mailbox.

Cisco Webex has real time access to my personal calendar on an Exchange mailbox despite my efforts to secure the mailbox.

Your first reaction to this post might be doubt. So before I speculate, I'll do my best to report only what I know. Your second thought will be an obvious solutions to prevent the incursion by Cisco Webex. But it's not Cisco Webex that I'm worried about. It's the apparent open access to my mailbox. If Cisco Webex can see my mailbox, I assume other less reputable organizations can too.

I access my two Windows 10 PCs One Windows 10 Pro, one Windows 10 Education with a Microsoft Account. In other words, I log into both PCs with the same Microsoft account name and password. Windows settings Email & accounts show two other accounts on the first computer and one other account on the second computer. My university account is on both computer. The first computer also has a Lenovo Account Portal on it.

I have two Exchange mailboxes. One is the university account mailbox that is served by Microsoft. I access that mailbox only with the Edge browser, which is the only browser I have installed on either PC. The other mailbox is a private mailbox provided by a third party Exchange service called Sherweb. I access that mailbox with Outlook part of a Office 365 Home subscription. The school account credentials are not in Outlook.

My university uses Cisco Webex for virtual meetings. So a few weeks ago, I installed the full app on one of my PCs and unwittingly gave it access to my personal Exchange mailbox, the one provided by a third party and accessed only with Outlook. By the full app, I mean it appeared in control panel programs and settings.

When I discovered that Webex could see my personal calendar, I deleted the Webex software from Windows. It disappeared from the list of programs in the Control panel. I changed the password to my Exchange mailbox. I checked Outlook and my Edge browser to make sure there were no browser add-ins or apps related to Webex. I did not change my Microsoft account password or the password to my school mailbox. I checked the passwords stored in the Edge browser to make sure it did not have current credentials to my personal mailbox.

I thought that secured my personal mailbox. But today, I had a Webex meeting I had to attend. So I installed the app again onto the same computer where it was installed before. When the app opened, it asked me to log in. I used my school credentials. Not my personal credentials. The Webex app went to the URL of the university Webex service.

When the Webex app opened it displayed all current items in my personal calendar. And in real time. To check it, I made a minor change to a calendar item on my personal calendar. I made the change using Outlook on the first PC, the one on which Webex was runing. Within seconds, the Webex app displayed the change. So it definitely had at least read access to my personal calendar. I then closed Outlook on the first computer where Webex was running. I left Webex running on that computer. I went to my second computer. I opened Outlook on the second computer and made another small change to a calendar item. Within seconds Webex on the first computer showed the change to the calendar item made from the second computer. The calendar item had nothing to do with the Webex meeting.

As I said at the outset, I'm not particularly worried about Cisco invading my privacy. But I am worried that there are ways into my mailbox that I don't know how to control. Can anyone help me sort this out?

:)

jaygourley, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Rohit_R Win User

Camera not working with Cisco WebEx

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In regards to your concern, please help me with the following questions:

• Is the in-build application of the camera working on the computer?

You can try the troubleshooting steps for
    Windows can't find or start the camera

Also try to provide firewall permissions for the Cisco WebEx application. It should work fine.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Apr 21, 2020
  3. cisco webex team app ?

HI do.

we have cisco WebEx teams app for wp10

Keer_Lumia650DS, Apr 21, 2020
  4. HD_18 Win User

How is Cisco Webex getting access to my personal mailbox.

Camera not working with Cisco WebEx

The camera was working fine with Cisco WebEx. Then on joining a WebEx meeting, the WebEx application crashed while starting the video. Since then the camera on my Surface Pro 4 will not work in WebEx. It stays greyed out.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WebEx application. I have checked for updates to the camera driver and I seem to have the latest update.

Any ideas?

***Moved from: (Surface Pro 4 / Sound and camera)***

HD_18, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

How is Cisco Webex getting access to my personal mailbox.

1. How is Cisco Webex getting access to my personal mailbox. - Similar Threads - Cisco Webex getting

2. The computer is frequently getting restarted when Cisco Webex is run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer is frequently getting restarted when Cisco Webex is run.: When Cisco Webex is run then computer shows blue screen and then get rebooted. In the Event viewer following error is foundThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0x0000000000000004, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8038103563a....
  3. The computer is frequently getting restarted when Cisco Webex is run.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer is frequently getting restarted when Cisco Webex is run.: When Cisco Webex is run then computer shows blue screen and then get rebooted. In the Event viewer following error is foundThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0x0000000000000004, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8038103563a....
  4. The computer is frequently getting restarted when Cisco Webex is run.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Error 2503, 2502, when installing Cisco WebEx

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 2503, 2502, when installing Cisco WebEx: I'm trying to install this program, Cisco Webex, having two errors PHOTO 1 , PHOTO 2 . I'm no computer genius I have no clue why this is happening or any clue on what to do. Any help is appreciated....
  6. Does Cisco WebEx Training work on virtual machines?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Cisco WebEx Training work on virtual machines?: Does anyone know if the application runs in a virtual environment? Does it refuse to run or is there an option for the host to prevent jt from running? submitted by /u/sohrabhamza [link] [comments]...
  7. Primary Taskbar not visible while Cisco Webex MeetingScreen Share

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary Taskbar not visible while Cisco Webex MeetingScreen Share: Im not able to see my Primary Laptop Taskbar while Cisco Webex MeetingScreen Share Could see only Webex meeting taskbarScreen Share Initially was able to see both in full screen mode, but since few days can't I want to display both my Laptop and Webex Shared Screen...
  8. My microphone doesn't work on Zoom, but does on Cisco WebEx.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone doesn't work on Zoom, but does on Cisco WebEx.: I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo. I have enabled both desktop apps to use the microphone in Settings, System, Sound, Microphone privacy settings. Any ideas? I don't seem to be able to get any response to my 'test microphone'. Nothing gets recorded....
  9. Camera not working with Cisco WebEx

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not working with Cisco WebEx: The camera was working fine with Cisco WebEx. Then on joining a WebEx meeting, the WebEx application crashed while starting the video. Since then the camera on my Surface Pro 4 will not work in WebEx. It stays greyed out. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the...
  10. BSOD - crashed during Cisco Jabber VOIP call and Cisco WebEx Meeting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - crashed during Cisco Jabber VOIP call and Cisco WebEx Meeting: hi, i am analyzing a dump sent to me from another computer. the BSOD occurred while he was using a Cisco Jabber VOIP call and a Cisco WebEx meeting. error on screen was: “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” *Mad any further analysis of this mini-dump would be appreciated. 75377

Users found this page by searching for:

1. camera not working in webex

2. my laptop camera wont come on for WebEx meetings