Windows 10: How is it possible for some-one to put a fake virus alert on your computer that you cant...

Discus and support How is it possible for some-one to put a fake virus alert on your computer that you cant... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After receiving one of these fake alerts it froze my computer like as though my computer was dead no power off nothing even after taking the battery... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by toronto-maple-leafs-fan, Jan 5, 2019.

1. How is it possible for some-one to put a fake virus alert on your computer that you cant...

After receiving one of these fake alerts it froze my computer like as though my computer was dead no power off nothing even after taking the battery out to restart the fake norton security warning was still there, finally checked with my second computer to try deleting it from task manager. After doing this there was no response red letting teilling me Not R which I assume meant not responding with that I decided to pull the plug on router and modum and computer and that worked, if this is not a virus what do you call it, they even put on a windows like screen telling you to run a windows ,10 sec scan to rid of this alert. Dont know what I WOULD DO IF CUTTING THE POWER TO ROUTER AND MODUM DIDNT WORK.

:)

toronto-maple-leafs-fan, Jan 5, 2019

2. Virus scam alert.

It is a common scam.

Tech Support Scamming through
    unsolicited phone calls, browser pop-ups and
    emails
    (aka
    Tech Support Scamming
    ) from "so-called Support Techs" advising
    "your computer is infected with malware",
    “All Your Files Are Encrypted"
    and other
    fake "alert messages"
    has become an increasing common scam tactic over the past several years. The scams may involve web pages with screenshots of fake Microsoft (Windows) Support messages, fake reports of suspicious activity, fake warnings of malware
    found on your computer,
    fake ransomware
    and fake
    BSODs
    all of which include a tech support phone number to call in order to fix the problem. If you call the phone number (or they called you), more nefarious scammers will talk their victims into allowing them remote control
    access of the computer so they can install a
    Remote Access Trojan
    in order to steal passwords and other sensitive personal information which could then be used to access bank accounts or steal a person's identity.

These are a few examples.

The scammer may claim to be affiliated with Microsoft or
    Windows Support
    . However, there have been reports of scammers claiming to be affiliated with major computer manufacturers such as
    Hewlett Packard, Lenovo and Dell, familiar security vendors like
    Symantec, Panda, McAfee, etc. and even popular
    ISPs.

Hanging up the phone when the scammers call is the best way to deal with them.

For more information about how these scams work and resources to protect yourself, please read
    Beware of Phony Emails & Tech Support Scams...there
    are suggestions near the bottom for dealing with scams and a list of security scanning tools to use in case the usual methods do not resolve the problem or you allowed remote access into your computer.

quietman7 - MVP, Jan 5, 2019
  3. replace wallpaper by fake virus protection advertisement

some internet noob was browsing some unsafe tgps on an old classic computer 466mhz celeron.... and using IE..... pop ups everywhere... one of the pop ups ask ok or cancel to scan for virus..... and clicked cancel.... and infected.... wallpaper got replaced by some fake virus protecton advertisement.

scanning with AVG and TCspy in safe mode.

any furthur additional reccomenation or suggestion?

HiddenStupid, Jan 5, 2019
  4. How is it possible for some-one to put a fake virus alert on your computer that you cant...

Jsssssssss, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

How is it possible for some-one to put a fake virus alert on your computer that you cant...

1. How is it possible for some-one to put a fake virus alert on your computer that you cant... - Similar Threads - possible put fake

2. how do i get rid of fake virus alerts on Microsoft edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i get rid of fake virus alerts on Microsoft edge: how do i stop fake microsoft edge virus alerts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-fake-virus-alerts-on-microsoft/db44a690-9627-41a0-8c34-e1389d059b5b
  3. A fake virus?

A fake virus?: Yesterday, I created an SFX archive by WinRar, when I unzip it, WinDef told me that SFX archive is some kind of unwanted software: "PUA:Win32/Pearfoos.A!ml"So, is it true that archive is a virus?...
  4. Virus alerts

Virus alerts: I was getting numerous popups and installed mcafee. Now I am getting even more mcafee popups. I have attached some screen shots. The popups are in the bottom right of the page.I can barely use my computer anymore because of these stupid popups... 30 or 40 will pop up in a row...
  5. Fake McAfee Notification Alert

Fake McAfee Notification Alert: My OS is Windows 10 my browser is Google Chrome but after getting thsi POP UP while on google chrome I got it while off line with all browsers closed on my desk top . beginning this morning I get a POP UP every hour so fror30-60 seconds or so in the lower left hand corner of...
  6. fake websites that give you a virus

fake websites that give you a virus: ya know that virus's are bad for ya computer right??? [ATTACH]so make sure realtime security is on hackers may take away ya antiVirus but windows 10.1 coming soon microsoft will make Better security : not like dead security like this *_*...
  7. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser: How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser? Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Task Manager and end the Edge process. But Ive noticed that when you start Edge up again from the taskbar it automatically...
  8. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser: How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser? Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Task Manager and end the Edge process. But Ive noticed that when you start Edge up again from the taskbar it automatically...
  9. Pop up Computer Virus Alert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop up Computer Virus Alert: [ATTACH] I get this message sometimes whenever im on any browser/tab and it also sometimes sends pop up messages saying stuff about viruses and sometimes sends messages saying, "_____ wants a s#x partner" I dont know what to do and am pretty sure it is not real and...
  10. How to remove fake three virus in your computer that will delete all your files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove fake three virus in your computer that will delete all your files: I have got few times pop up to take immediate action as my computer is invested with three virus and requested to take action immediately. How can I stop this pop up? I could not find this file to uninstall it. I ran sfc/ scannow and also run Windows defender scan. Can you...