Windows 10: How is it possible to get Tier 2 Support?

Discus and support How is it possible to get Tier 2 Support? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Tier 2 support has now failed to call on each of four scheduled call-backs on the same case. All I get are excuses from Tier 1 about how busy Tier 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Danssmith1, Oct 26, 2020.

1. How is it possible to get Tier 2 Support?

Tier 2 support has now failed to call on each of four scheduled call-backs on the same case.

All I get are excuses from Tier 1 about how busy Tier 2 is, blaming everything on Covid, as if MS cannot afford to hire enough people.

There is clearly no point in yet another call or chat I've done at least 6 on the same issue.

How is is possible to actually obtain Tier 2 support?

:)

Danssmith1, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 26, 2020
  3. cdnklc Win User
    call back tier 2 windows 10 technical support

how do you call back tier 2 windows 10 technical support. the call display number simply leads to an automated system with no appropriate routing in its prompts.

cdnklc, Oct 26, 2020
  4. How is it possible to get Tier 2 Support?

Does Windows 10 support tiered storage?

No prob.

These devices aren't susceptible to things like the samsung drives for firmware updates/etc. They have their own control layer and can still be updated and monitored once in the array.

I think till this gets flushed out, I'm just going to run a 2-column, 2-copy, 4 HDD setup and use the flash for other use cases right now. I can always rebuild this later if some kind of active tiering or tiering policies become available.

Let me know if I missed some rule setting somewhere that would control where the data lands.

It could be a difference between windows 10 and server 2012+, but I'm definitely not experiencing what this article shows:

Understand Storage Space Tiering in Windows Server 2012 R2

"Behavior of Storage Space Tiering

Here are the data flows start from the storage pool and virtual disk got provisioned.

• After virtual disk with tiered storage got provisioned, the virtual disk would have certain capacity for each tier (SSD and HDD). At that point of time, both of the tiers are empty. When there is new data coming in, the data would write to SSD Tier
      directly until SSD Tier is full.
    • After SSD Tier is full, new incoming random writes will first go to write back cache and then flush to HDD tier. If write back cache is full (be default each virtual disk has only 1GB write back cache), then the data will be written to HDD directly.
    • At the same time, Write Back Cache will continue flush data to HDD tier.
    • When Write Back Cache is available again, it would handle new incoming random writes."

Thanks,

-- Dave

DavidWujcik, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

How is it possible to get Tier 2 Support?

1. How is it possible to get Tier 2 Support? - Similar Threads - possible Tier Support

2. still waiting on Tier 2 to get back to me to clarify accounts. Spoke at length to Tier 1...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    still waiting on Tier 2 to get back to me to clarify accounts. Spoke at length to Tier 1...: till waiting on Tier 2 to get back to me to clarify accounts. Spoke at length to Tier 1 last week and they said I would be contacted within 24-48 hours. We are unable to access word and excel. This needs to be sorted.......
  3. still waiting on Tier 2 to get back to me to clarify accounts. Spoke at length to Tier 1...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    still waiting on Tier 2 to get back to me to clarify accounts. Spoke at length to Tier 1...: till waiting on Tier 2 to get back to me to clarify accounts. Spoke at length to Tier 1 last week and they said I would be contacted within 24-48 hours. We are unable to access word and excel. This needs to be sorted.......
  4. how do I get support for my tier two case

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get support for my tier two case: Hi everybody,I got a case# from microsoft support chat. They handed it over to the tier two support. nobody from tier two support ist contacting me. How do I get help in my case?Timm...
  5. how do I get support for my tier two case

how do I get support for my tier two case: Hi everybody,I got a case# from microsoft support chat. They handed it over to the tier two support. nobody from tier two support ist contacting me. How do I get help in my case?Timm...
  6. how do I get support for my tier two case

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Is Tier 2 support real?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Tier 2 support real?: I was told by a Microsoft support agent that my case would be escalated to tier 2 and that i would be called 24-48 hors later by one of their reps. Its been almost 96 hours and I've heard nothing from them....
  8. Is Tier 2 support real?

Is Tier 2 support real?: I was told by a Microsoft support agent that my case would be escalated to tier 2 and that i would be called 24-48 hors later by one of their reps. Its been almost 96 hours and I've heard nothing from them....
  9. Does anyone know how to get to tier 2 support at Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does anyone know how to get to tier 2 support at Microsoft?: I can't believe the run around I've gotten trying to get to a support person who can actually resolve my problem. I have the same people doing the same troubleshooting. I tell them we've already done that, the next level one support person does it anyways and then tells me to...
  10. Error code 0x803F8001 on apps and games. Ask for level 2 or tier 2 support.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error code 0x803F8001 on apps and games. Ask for level 2 or tier 2 support.: Open Feedback Hub with in Window 10, explain to them what you have done attempting to resolve this issue. If you are like me, you may have uninstalled the Feedback Hub, and won't be able to reinstall because of the licensing error. If so, then you will need to go to a...