Windows 10: How is it possible to replace ALL of the security info for a Microsoft account?

Discus and support How is it possible to replace ALL of the security info for a Microsoft account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an email from the accountprotection.microsoft.com It states: Someone started a process to replace all of the security info for the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulArbour, Jun 20, 2019.

1. How is it possible to replace ALL of the security info for a Microsoft account?

I received an email from the accountprotection.microsoft.com

It states:

Someone started a process to replace all of the security info for the Microsoft account pa*****.

Obviously this is concerning.

The email goes on to explain that I should:

If this wasn't you, someone else might be trying to take over pa*****. Click here and we'll help you protect this account.

Which is fine, I already have 2FA, and all my important details are there to protect my account.

What I don't understand is how someone can trigger 'replace all of the security info' on an account.

If they did this obviously I'd like whatever process was trigger to be stopped, but I have no idea what where and how that particular process is done, and what Microsoft is doing to prevent it.

If someone doesn't have my phone number, email addresses, or 2FA, then how can they possibly be taking that action?

:)

PaulArbour, Jun 20, 2019

2. How to change password for login without verifying security info?.

Hi Samuwella,

Sorry for the loss, not to worry we will try our best to assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10 account security.

Lets follow the below steps to fix the issue with Windows 10.

1. We Suggest you to refer to the below article on "Get back into your Microsoft account if it's been compromised".
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10494/microsoft-account-get-back-compromised-account

2. Also refer to the below article on "How do I replace my security info"?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10634/microsoft-account-replace-all-security-info

3. Two-step verification helps protect you by making it more difficult for someone else to sign in to your Microsoft account. It uses two different forms of identity: your password, and a contact method (also known as security
    info). Even if someone else finds your password, they'll be stopped if they don't have access to your security info.

Refer the steps in the link :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

Keep us informed with the above information for better assistance.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Microsoft account - Are security questions removed after I enabled the 2-step verification?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

Generally, a security question is helpful to recover your Microsoft account password, when you lose access to it. Enabling Two-step verification won't effect your security question, instead it is an advanced security feature that makes it harder for someone
    to break in to your account with just a stolen password. To replace your security info

• Go to
      Security settings
      , and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• If you’re asked to enter a security code to continue, and you can’t get that code, choose
      I don't have any of these or I can't verify my account from the drop-down list, then follow the instructions to reset your security info.

• On the Security settings page, your security info is under Security info helps keep your account secure. Choose
      Remove for any you want to remove. You may be prompted to add new security info before you can remove the old info.

If you remove all of your security info, there’s a 30-day wait during which we help protect sensitive parts of your account so nobody can change your security settings or use your payment options. During this period you can still use your email, Skype,
    OneDrive, and devices as usual. After the 30 days, you’ll be notified that the wait is over and it’s time to enter new security info.

Learn more

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

How is it possible to replace ALL of the security info for a Microsoft account?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

How is it possible to replace ALL of the security info for a Microsoft account?

1. How is it possible to replace ALL of the security info for a Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - possible replace security

2. Microsoft account is not secure at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account is not secure at all: I wanted to reinstall windows on my laptop, before doing that, I went to the security option on my desktop PC and removed my laptop from the device list, I even changed my password, after that I opened my laptop and everything works as if I didn't do anything, in the Windows...
  3. Microsoft account is not secure at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account is not secure at all: I wanted to reinstall windows on my laptop, before doing that, I went to the security option on my desktop PC and removed my laptop from the device list, I even changed my password, after that I opened my laptop and everything works as if I didn't do anything, in the Windows...
  4. Session timed out security info replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Session timed out security info replacement: I forgot my PIN on my Windows 10 laptop, so I tried to reset it, the security info that was linked was old so I replaced it with a Gmail account, I thought I had to wait 30 days, but I recently found 3 emails from the Microsoft account team yes it was really from Microsoft,...
  5. Session timed out security info replacement

Session timed out security info replacement: I forgot my PIN on my Windows 10 laptop, so I tried to reset it, the security info that was linked was old so I replaced it with a Gmail account, I thought I had to wait 30 days, but I recently found 3 emails from the Microsoft account team yes it was really from Microsoft,...
  6. "Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............: I got into my Junk email folder the message bellow:Has anybody received this kind of messages?Obviously, the sender wants to click on this message....Thank you!Saturn...
  7. "Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............

"Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............: I got into my Junk email folder the message bellow:Has anybody received this kind of messages?Obviously, the sender wants to click on this message....Thank you!Saturn...
  8. "Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Microsoft account security info

Microsoft account security info: Hey, had this email sent to me, i think its from a legit account which is problimatic because that means its not just a scam. Potential account leak. Please get in touch with meso i can remove this unknown email from my account. Cheers...
  10. security info replaced and now I cannot access my account

security info replaced and now I cannot access my account: I received an email today saying that my security info has been replaced after the 30 day waiting period. When I tried to log into my account the old phone number seems to be there and I cannot log in. How can I contact someone at Microsoft to sort this or can someone here...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account security info replacment

2. security info replacement microsoft account

3. process to replace all of the security info for the Microsoft account

4. microsoft security info was replaced sms,
  5. Someone started a process to replace all of the security info for the Microsoft account an*****,
  6. what happens when you replace security info on microsoft account,
  7. wait is over and security info was replaced,
  8. microsoft account security info was replaced,
  9. security info replacement microsoft account SMS,
  10. someone started the process Microsoft account,
  11. someone started a process to replace all of the security info for the microsoft account,
  12. microsoft account security info replacement,
  13. what is process to replace all of the security info for the Microsoft account