Windows 10: How is it possible to stop Edge from opening when I start my computer

Discus and support How is it possible to stop Edge from opening when I start my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,How is it possible to stop Edge from starting and opening a window every time I start my computer please?Some people talk about Task Manager or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John_2021_06_04, Jan 14, 2022.

1. How is it possible to stop Edge from opening when I start my computer

Hello,How is it possible to stop Edge from starting and opening a window every time I start my computer please?Some people talk about Task Manager or the startup folder, but Edge is absent from there. Thanks,Note : in the first version of this post I talked about Bing, but I should have talked about Edge.

:)

John_2021_06_04, Jan 14, 2022

2. when on or restart microsoft edge open

Hi,

Just to clarify, you would like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening the link you stated, is that right?

If so, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click the "more"(three dots) option.

3. Click Settings > Open Microsoft edge with/

4. From the drop down list, choose a different option other than "specific page".

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 14, 2022
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Jan 14, 2022
  4. John Vil Win User

How is it possible to stop Edge from opening when I start my computer

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

How is it possible to stop Edge from opening when I start my computer

1. How is it possible to stop Edge from opening when I start my computer - Similar Threads - possible stop Edge

2. How do I stop the apps on my computer from immediately crashing when opened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the apps on my computer from immediately crashing when opened?: Over the course of my ownership of my computer, various applications have fallen victim to a problem where they will open and then immediately close. Early 2020 was when this problem began. The ones I remember doing this first are:Microsoft Storefeedback hubphotosvideo editor...
  3. how to stop my computer from starting when I open it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop my computer from starting when I open it?: How do I change the setting on windows 11 to not start up when I open the cover? It never turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-computer-from-starting-when-i-open/cef67710-1788-41cc-9098-38abc3411988
  4. how to stop my computer from starting when I open it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop my computer from starting when I open it?: How do I change the setting on windows 11 to not start up when I open the cover? It never turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-computer-from-starting-when-i-open/cef67710-1788-41cc-9098-38abc3411988
  5. How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?: Hello,How is it possible to stop Bing from starting and opening a window every time I start my computer please?Some people talk about Task Manager or the startup folder, but Bing is absent from there. Thanks,...
  6. How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?: Hello,How is it possible to stop Bing from starting and opening a window every time I start my computer please?Some people talk about Task Manager or the startup folder, but Bing is absent from there. Thanks,...
  7. How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I stop Edge from opening ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop Edge from opening ?: Edge browser opens at boot up or even when I wake my PC from sleep. I can’t figure out how to stop this. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Collierfiber2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khsyd7/how_do_i_stop_edge_from_opening/
  9. How can I stop Edge from opening when I press F1 on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I stop Edge from opening when I press F1 on my desktop?: This is very annoying - my default browser is set to Chrome and pressing F1 while being outside of Chrome opens Edge with a Microsoft help page. I don't want this browser to open even after I've set Chrome as default. It seems broken. Is there any "fix" to this "feature"?...
  10. how to stop edge from starting when i turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop edge from starting when i turn on my computer: how to stop edge from starting when i turn on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-from-starting-when-i-turn-on-my/1285b08f-061d-474a-b070-82fe6384a69d