Windows 10: How is it that you can just force update while I'm not at my CPU & I lose an entire photo...

Discus and support How is it that you can just force update while I'm not at my CPU & I lose an entire photo... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use a program called GIMP that edits photos and allows for painting and whatnot. I spent over an hour tediously drawing in it, then left my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tragic Reindeer, Jun 16, 2019.

1. How is it that you can just force update while I'm not at my CPU & I lose an entire photo...

I use a program called GIMP that edits photos and allows for painting and whatnot. I spent over an hour tediously drawing in it, then left my computer to go eat. Of COURSE when I come back, I see my CPU screen just start to blip off because of your update. It is ridiculous that this can just fire off when a user hasn't confirmed they've saved their open work.

I want MY HOUR BACK.

:)

Tragic Reindeer, Jun 16, 2019

2. Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Update makes games take up entire CPU

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To narrow down the cause we will require a few more information. Please reply with the following details:

• Which update was installed on the computer?
    • What is the complete error message you get for
      srttrail.txt?

I would suggest you to post a screenshot of the Task manager to know which process is causing high CPU usage. Press
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task manager. Click on
    Details tab and then, click on CPU entry to align the processes in descending order and take a screenshot with all the listed processes.

Please refer how to include a screenshot
    in your post
    to upload the screenshot.

Note: Make sure you don’t capture any personal information while taking the screenshot.

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps in reducing the CPU usage.

Method 1: Disabling Service

Sometimes some service running in background can cause high CPU usage, we can try disabling the service and check for the CPU usage. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK.

3. Now, look for Superfetch service in the list and right click on the service.
    4. Click on Stop to stop the service.

Method 2: Clean boot

To perform a clean boot on the computer, follow the steps from the article
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

NOTE: Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program or process is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after
    performing a clean boot on the computer. However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program or process is causing the issue.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 16, 2019
  4. JaYp146 Win User

How is it that you can just force update while I'm not at my CPU & I lose an entire photo...

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

How is it that you can just force update while I'm not at my CPU & I lose an entire photo...

1. How is it that you can just force update while I'm not at my CPU & I lose an entire photo... - Similar Threads - force update while

2. How can I force update 23h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I force update 23h2: My new surface pro 9, after installing a bunch of updates, is still on windows 22h2. When I check for updates again, 23h2 popped up but briefly flashed an error and now it is gone. I have "get latest update as soon as possible" checked. How can I force it update to 23h2?...
  3. How can I force update 23h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I force update 23h2: My new surface pro 9, after installing a bunch of updates, is still on windows 22h2. When I check for updates again, 23h2 popped up but briefly flashed an error and now it is gone. I have "get latest update as soon as possible" checked. How can I force it update to 23h2?...
  4. Can you update CPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you update CPU?: I'm wanting to update to windows 11 from 10 but pc check says CPU does not meet min requirements, can I update this or is this a new computer fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-update-cpu/a6317ae1-1a34-4fc5-8866-9b363f48abd6
  5. Can you update CPU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you update CPU?: I'm wanting to update to windows 11 from 10 but pc check says CPU does not meet min requirements, can I update this or is this a new computer fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-update-cpu/a6317ae1-1a34-4fc5-8866-9b363f48abd6
  6. Can I update my CPU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I update my CPU?: I want to update to Windows 11 on my HP Laptop and Microsoft says my CPU doesn't support this whereas everything else does. Can I update my CPU function? Or do I have to buy another laptop, which would be a shame as my laptop works perfectly well, it's only 4 years old.Many...
  7. I'm going to lose my mind with the updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm going to lose my mind with the updates: [ATTACH] I have the 1607 version and I want to upgrade to the latest one so I can use the power toys, but when the time comes, my pc freezes between 17% and 15%. I don't know what to do anymore, please help :( I had to pull the cable to get it out submitted by...
  8. How can I force windows to update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I force windows to update?: Windows Update will not work. All of the needed updates say pending download. Also, my outlook is now disconnected. I have searched and tried different solutions including being directed here:...
  9. How can i update my CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can i update my CPU: How can I bring my CPU up to date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-update-my-cpu/1bbbe495-d759-4438-813b-9e400fd44e86
  10. How can you force windows 10 to recheck for updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can you force windows 10 to recheck for updates?: It tries to download an older insider build and i want it to find and download the newest one. 93826

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how not lose photos when updating windowsphone