Windows 10: How is my digital licence reactivated upon fresh win10 install?

Discus and support How is my digital licence reactivated upon fresh win10 install? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased free dos laptop and activated win 10 from store by buying digital licence. I am used to oem product key activation ready with a laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ceyhun Özsoylu, Feb 9, 2019.

1. How is my digital licence reactivated upon fresh win10 install?

I purchased free dos laptop and activated win 10 from store by buying digital licence. I am used to oem product key activation ready with a laptop purchase. digital lincece is something new to me. how does it work? Do I need to sign in with my hotmail adress and have internet connection to activate it everytime I fresh install windows 10?,

Secondly the licence cost 699tl but on my credit card the provision shows it is 724. why microsoft charges higher than what it shows on the bill?

Thank you very much for your help

:)

Ceyhun Özsoylu, Feb 9, 2019

2. Digital Licences

Having updated hardware on my PC, I would like to reactivate Windows, but it won't reactivate saying that I have to log in with the Microsoft account linked to the digital licence.

I cannot remember what account I used originally, is there any way of finding out ?

DonFarnham, Feb 9, 2019
  3. kevvyb Win User
    Successful transfer of Win10 Pro digital licence

So this worked. Signed into MS on both machines, clicked change licence. After having to verify my identity on both machines, upgrade proceeded. I used my win7 pro retail key to install. When I checked the digital licence had been activated on the new machine.

Only issue was that I thought that the upgrade process had got stuck when it displayed the 'egg timer' with message 100% completed for about 45 minutes, before proceeding to update the machine to pro.

After the upgrade on new machine (digital licence transfer) I deactivated Win10 Pro on the old machine until I wipe it completely.

kevvyb, Feb 9, 2019
  4. kevvyb Win User

How is my digital licence reactivated upon fresh win10 install?

Successful transfer of Win10 Pro digital licence

Hi I would put it this way from what I have learned:
    If you have a windows 7 (or presumably, 8 or 8.1) RETAIL channel licence (i.e. you had the discs and were previously able to install on new machines as you needed - uninstalling any others so that there was only one copy in use) then yes.

I had upgraded my old Win7 pro licence to Win10 Pro using the free upgrade offer from MS last year.

Now I want to use win10 pro on the new machine (which comes with Win10 Home) but I only have a digital win10 pro licence on the old machine (plus my old Win7 Pro licence).

The digital licence to win10 pro can apparently be 'transferred' to the new machine. I haven't done this yet but I am told this is effected by using a MSA (Microsoft account) and being logged into that account on both machines.

You then use the activation troubleshooter to select the licence on the old machine or alternatively performing a plain upgrade on the new machine and either entering the original win7 pro key or calling MS to activate over the telephone.

We'll see if it works. I'll post back.

kevvyb, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

How is my digital licence reactivated upon fresh win10 install?

1. How is my digital licence reactivated upon fresh win10 install? - Similar Threads - digital licence reactivated

2. how to remove an illegal volume license and install a legal Win10 digital licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove an illegal volume license and install a legal Win10 digital licence: i just fixed my old pc and got my windows back by associating it with my microsoft account, but i can't install on my new computer since it keeps installling the volume key.i've tried the commands ''slmgr /upk'' and ''slmgr /cpky'' but didn't worked...
  3. Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence: I have my work laptop with Windows 10, and I want to reinstall Windows. I see that I have digital license.When I followed Learn more link Activate Windows microsoft.com I find this:Activate using a digital licenseDigital licenses are associated with your hardware and linked...
  4. Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence: I have my work laptop with Windows 10, and I want to reinstall Windows. I see that I have digital license.When I followed Learn more link Activate Windows microsoft.com I find this:Activate using a digital licenseDigital licenses are associated with your hardware and linked...
  5. Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 digital licence reactivation

Windows 10 digital licence reactivation: Hello to the community,I am about to buy a windows 10 pro licence and had a few questions. At my local BestBuy store, I can buy a boxed usb windows 10 pro version. I confirmed it comes with a usb key and a product key. If I buy this, do I need to preserve the product key? I...
  7. Lost win10 digital licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost win10 digital licence: Hello, Please help me with this problem. I had win 7 and upgraded to win 10. I've reinstalled the system after some time but I couldn't activate the licence again. I was in hurry as I needed to solve something, so I've called and bought in 20 min another licence. I've...
  8. Digital licence reactivation

Digital licence reactivation: I have a computer running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview activated with a Digital licence linked to my Microsoft account and I was wondering if I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro by erasing my HDD, will it activate automatically?...
  9. Win10 digital licence key

Win10 digital licence key: Hi I am wondering my Old PC says that i am activated like this windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account and now i bought new PC and i want to transfer my licence and windows to new PC and old pc will not be used anymore....
  10. reactivating digital licence

reactivating digital licence: mother board died in my laptop replaced it with a new one now it wont reactivate. Keeps saying your windows is not activated. Can anyone assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivating-digital-licence/a987bcb4-c596-4aad-bb34-9b056fe111bc"