Windows 10: How is my one drive full when i never knowingly uploaded anything onit

Discus and support How is my one drive full when i never knowingly uploaded anything onit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I purchased a Lenovo ideapad laptop in France. Windows 10. Within days its saying my storage is full. I transferred some material, mostly photos from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stoptheworld, Sep 9, 2020.

1. How is my one drive full when i never knowingly uploaded anything onit

I purchased a Lenovo ideapad laptop in France. Windows 10. Within days its saying my storage is full. I transferred some material, mostly photos from another device ( actually I think they transferred automatically) to my new laptop and without my having authorised anything it seems to have saved them to one drive. Does that mean they are not saved to my computer? If I delete them all from where they are stored in one drive will I lose them completely from my laptop. Have I got to save each individual item to another folder in my laptop. There are only a few items I need to keep. How do I stop things being automatically stored in one drive.

I was hoping to start afresh with this laptop not get it clogged up with all the stuff from the old one.

Please can someone tell me what I need to do in simple English

Thank you.

:)

stoptheworld, Sep 9, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Sep 9, 2020
  3. little cat, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Aquinus Win User

How is my one drive full when i never knowingly uploaded anything onit

Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

How is my one drive full when i never knowingly uploaded anything onit

1. How is my one drive full when i never knowingly uploaded anything onit - Similar Threads - drive full never

2. When uploading files via Android to One Drive it's saying my uploads are paused. How can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When uploading files via Android to One Drive it's saying my uploads are paused. How can I...: When uploading files via Android to One Drive it's saying my uploads are paused. How can I remedy this problem?Android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-uploading-files-via-android-to-one-drive-its/90ac2332-28ff-4303-9b06-b38967e39e31
  3. When uploading files via Android to One Drive it's saying my uploads are paused. How can I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When uploading files via Android to One Drive it's saying my uploads are paused. How can I...: When uploading files via Android to One Drive it's saying my uploads are paused. How can I remedy this problem?Android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-uploading-files-via-android-to-one-drive-its/90ac2332-28ff-4303-9b06-b38967e39e31
  4. When uploading files via Android to One Drive it's saying my uploads are paused. How can I...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't upload anything to my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't upload anything to my hard drive: Some how my HDD on my H.P All-In-One computer has gotten locked. I think it has something to do with Bitlocker, since when I look at it in Disk Management it says Bitlocker Encrypted. Now every time I start my computer and try to access the hard drive it makes me enter the...
  6. I can't upload anything to my hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't upload anything to my hard drive: Some how my HDD on my H.P All-In-One computer has gotten locked. I think it has something to do with Bitlocker, since when I look at it in Disk Management it says Bitlocker Encrypted. Now every time I start my computer and try to access the hard drive it makes me enter the...
  7. One Drive Uploads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Uploads: I would like to use OneDrive to sync my system, the problem is it appears the max file upload size is 10 to 15 GB per file. I have several that are well above that size. How can I get them to OneDrive?...
  8. one drive full how to correct

one drive full how to correct: hello how to correct one drive full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-full-how-to-correct/802c756b-2b2c-43f8-8b51-84433f6e4663"
  9. One drive Uploading

One drive Uploading: Hi, so basically I've had my new Microsoft computer for about a week now and it is now telling me that my One Drive photo and file saving and uploading thingo is full. As I use other methods to save and keep my files in a cloud through my school I don't plan on buying a set...
  10. How to I upload picture to my one drive business

in Windows 10 Support
    How to I upload picture to my one drive business: I am trying to create automatic onedrive sync with my android phone (Samsung s7). I am getting a message (see attached screen shot) that I need personal folder one drive .... I can not believe this stuff is true. Super annoying thing, since I am one man business and doing...