Windows 10: How is my Windows 10 being activated without a key?

Discus and support How is my Windows 10 being activated without a key? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a laptop with activated Windows 10. Then, i uninstalled Windows 10, and installed Linux. I tried several more operating systems before i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Val So, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Val So Win User

How is my Windows 10 being activated without a key?

I bought a laptop with activated Windows 10. Then, i uninstalled Windows 10, and installed Linux. I tried several more operating systems before i decided to return to Windows 10. When i created a bootable USB drive with Windows 10, and installed it on the laptop, the OS was activated, without me entering any product keys.So, how did it happen? It doesn't matter how many times i uninstall Windows, replace it with other operating systems, and then install Windows again - it's always activated.From where is the activation coming from, if I'm not entering any activation keys?

:)

Val So, Jun 25, 2022

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 25, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jun 25, 2022
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows?

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      How is my Windows 10 being activated without a key? [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

1. How is my Windows 10 being activated without a key? - Similar Threads - being activated without

2. Activating my windows without a product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating my windows without a product key: Hi, I've gotten a windows 10 education from my school and we are allowed them for our own personal use once we left and I've had no issues until now, I am being asked to activate my windows but I do not have the product key. I've tried searching for it but found nothing. What...
  3. How is my Windows 10 being activated without a key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is my Windows 10 being activated without a key?: I bought a laptop with activated Windows 10. Then, i uninstalled Windows 10, and installed Linux. I tried several more operating systems before i decided to return to Windows 10. When i created a bootable USB drive with Windows 10, and installed it on the laptop, the OS was...
  4. How is my Windows 10 being activated without a key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How is my Windows 10 being activated without a key?: I bought a laptop with activated Windows 10. Then, i uninstalled Windows 10, and installed Linux. I tried several more operating systems before i decided to return to Windows 10. When i created a bootable USB drive with Windows 10, and installed it on the laptop, the OS was...
  5. windows 10 activating shortcuts without being touched

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 activating shortcuts without being touched: shortcuts got activated without me having activated them, sometimes even lasting after i'd unplugged the keyboard itself. so far i've found that i can sort of navigate just fine, although while still selecting tabs, while holding down the ctrl and alt keys. older answered...
  6. windows 10 activating shortcuts without being touched

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 activating shortcuts without being touched: shortcuts got activated without me having activated them, sometimes even lasting after i'd unplugged the keyboard itself. so far i've found that i can sort of navigate just fine, although while still selecting tabs, while holding down the ctrl and alt keys. older answered...
  7. windows 10 activating shortcuts without being touched

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to activate windows 10 without product id or key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to activate windows 10 without product id or key?: I'm supposed to a legit version of windows 10, updated from windows 8. My old laptop broke and then put my ssd into new laptop and used it for a few days and then decided, but after clean install windows now tells me to activate windows....
  9. Windows 10 activated without an key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activated without an key: Hi, I changed my hdd with ssd. Before that I had activated Windwos 8 which was upgraded to windows 10. Windows 8 I get with buying my laptop. I download windows 10 from Microsoft and installed it on my new ssd. Now my windows is activated without putting any key. Is...
  10. Windows Activated without a key being entered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activated without a key being entered: So what's this about. I have transferred my Windows 10 Pro digital licence from my old laptop to a new laptop. This was upgraded (MS 2016 free upgrade) from a purchased RETAIL copy of Win 7 Pro (I used the Windows 7 Pro key during installation). Prior to passing the...