Windows 10: How is the correct way to install fonts required for graphic work under Win 10. After a...

Discus and support How is the correct way to install fonts required for graphic work under Win 10. After a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/ticolete [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoqmtj/how_is_the_correct_way_to_install_fonts_required/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ticolete, Jan 14, 2020 at 3:37 PM.

1. How is the correct way to install fonts required for graphic work under Win 10. After a...

2. ElayneR Win User

installing fonts

I have a lot of fonts not stored in the Fonts folder. In Windows XP, I could navigate to that outside folder and easily find the font I needed to install. Now in Windows 10, the fonts are listed by their file name. For instance, I want
    to load Algerian, but the file name is A039000D. Is there a way to have Win 10 list those outside fonts by their
    FONT names instead of file name.

3. Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

Thanks for the suggestion, but, sadly, it does not. In addition, I have gone to the Font Management setting and followed Microsoft's directions explicitly. Win 10 will NOT let me delete any installed font (except ones that I have installed myself), and it will NOT let me hide any font at all. The 'Hide' setting says it will hide the font from applications, but EVERY application that offers a choice of fonts, whether from Microsoft (Office, Word, Wordpad, Notepad, etc.) or third parties (such as OpenOffice) shows ALL the fonts listed in the Font Management listing. Every. Single. One.

There was a script for removing the non-Latin fonts from Win 7 that automated the process. That script does not work in Win 10. Is there one that does?

Thanks in advance for any help/

Bookbear1948, Jan 14, 2020 at 3:45 PM
  4. How is the correct way to install fonts required for graphic work under Win 10. After a...

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 14, 2020 at 3:45 PM
Thema:

How is the correct way to install fonts required for graphic work under Win 10. After a...

1. How is the correct way to install fonts required for graphic work under Win 10. After a... - Similar Threads - correct install fonts

2. Font/Graphics blurry and jaggy after clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font/Graphics blurry and jaggy after clean install: The title says it all, ever since I did a clean install/reformat, my fonts have been quite blurry. In short, it’s fuzzy and not very clear As well as for gaming, I’m seeing a lot of jagged and pixelated edges. Performance wise, everything is ok. I’m getting good FPS....
  3. Fonts not appearing correct

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts not appearing correct: Quite often my fonts show up in some words "squished" together. Sorry not quite a technical term. I tried to copy and paste an example but they copy just fine without the "squish". Have tried changing the font but doesn't help. Am using an insider version of windows....
  4. after updating to windows 10 my graphics are not working cannot get displays to work correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after updating to windows 10 my graphics are not working cannot get displays to work correctly: can someone show me how to correct this problem? recommended resolutions cut's off the taskbar, and get to the windows logo for the start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-to-windows-10-my-graphics-are-not/f6e6a0ba-45c4-4108-b423-edf1247e911d
  5. Graphic equaliser does not work after recent Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Graphic equaliser does not work after recent Win 10 upgrade: I am on Win 10 version 1903 build 18362.356. My graphic equaliser software does not work after the recent Win 10 upgrade. The app is Equaliser APO 1.2. This previously worked fine. - now it gives the following error message "A registry value that is required for the...
  6. Graphics Drivers not working/not working correctly, need help.

Graphics Drivers not working/not working correctly, need help.: Hello, I've recently rebuilt my PC using new components, I'll provide a partlist, but I've been trying to play games for several weeks since I built it, and a number of things keep happening pertaining to the graphics drivers. Games have crashed, saying that the display...
  7. How to restart the win 10 installer part way through?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restart the win 10 installer part way through?: Alternatively, how do you escape the 'create new account' page without creating an account? There's no damn back button, and the email is attached to an account (my dad wasn't sure if he had a Microsoft account). So I'd happily sort his login, or create a local account,...
  8. USB3 Ports not working correctly after Win 10 Anniversary Ed Update

USB3 Ports not working correctly after Win 10 Anniversary Ed Update: Hi, I have a problem with my USB3 ports. Prior to upgrading to the Anniversary edition of Windows 10, both my USB2 and USB3 ports worked fine. If I plugged in my external USB3 drive into a USB2 port, the white light on the drive illuminated and the drive operated using...
  9. Under Win 10, file explorer stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Under Win 10, file explorer stopped working: The file explorer stopped working. I tried to start the sfc /scannow utility, however the dos cmd prompt for admin does not come up. I tried a regular dos command, but apparently does not have admin privileges. My computer account has admin privileges. Any advise? 18876
  10. Windows 10 Required Fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Required Fonts: Does anyone know if there is a list of fonts that Windows 10 requires to display correctly? I'm currently sorting out my (thousands of) fonts, and don't want to delete anything that the system needs. (Or programs like Office 365 or Photoshop, for that matter.) If someone...