Windows 10: How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

Discus and support How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bobbystills5, May 7, 2020.

1. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My concern is around doing the upgrade and having everything land back in exactly the same place its in now. For example I have 100 tabs open in Chrome, will that still be the case after the update? I suppose I can clone my SSD and test, but wanted to get some thoughts on this first.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/bobbystills5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bobbystills5, May 7, 2020

2. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop (dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro) to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file
    is there another method to accomplish this ??

Thanks for suggestions.

DonaldJaneway, May 7, 2020
  3. Yancyd66 Win User
    Win 7 pro to Upgrade to Win 10 Pro

Long story. Several months ago upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro.
    Everything fine until BSOD a few days ago. After many hrs of trying to fix with no luck I decided to do clean install of win 7 again and then using Media Creation Tool downloaded and created what I thought was a Win 10 Pro ISO disk.
    Used disk and loaded win 10 to pc. Things again fine except have the “Activate Window” message and that’s when I discovered the ISO was Win 10 Home.
    Why didn’t the Media Creation Tool create a Win 10 Pro ISO and how do I now get the Win 10 Pro ISO.

Yancyd66, May 7, 2020
  4. Antony MF Win User

How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

Win 7 pro to win 10 pro

i am using win 7 pro licensed version. If its possible upgraded win 10 pro free

Antony MF, May 7, 2020
Thema:

How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

1. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process? - Similar Threads - Pro Pro upgrade

2. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 upgrade questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 upgrade questions: I bought a laptop 5 years ago that came with a Win 10 Pro license which at that time I wasn't ready to upgrade to, so I had the manufacturer downgrade the OS install to Win 7 Pro. I now want to upgrade this older, but still capable laptop to have as a second computer - I...
  3. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?: Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My concern is around doing the upgrade and having everything land back in exactly the same place its in now. For example I have...
  4. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  5. Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro

Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro: I've tried to upgrade my win 7 pro 64 to win 10 pro 64 for years on and off. I saved the WIN 10 ISO 1909 and thought that I would try again before the end of support. It kept failing until I tried to use anytime upgrade using my win 7 pro license key. Time was running short...
  6. win 7 pro win 10 pro

win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  7. Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro

Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro: I want to upgrade a Win 7 pro system to Win 10 pro. I want to do an upgrade and NOT a clean install. My question: Can I use the commercial version (available from computer stores) of win 10 to upgrade the win 7 system and use the license key that I assume comes with...
  8. Best method to upgrade Win Pro 7 to Win Pro 10?

Best method to upgrade Win Pro 7 to Win Pro 10?: I am in-house support of a modest sized Windows network which will upgrade to the latest version Windows server. Workstations will upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I understand the free upgrade has ended and have no problem paying for upgrade licenses. We have...
  9. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  10. Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: My first PC I upgraded did not upgrade to Pro. So I want to download the media for Pro, and upgrade with it. When I go to the MS site to download, it does not offer me a selection of versions to download. Can anyone suggest where to find the Pro Win 10 download, or a...