Windows 10: How is the Windows search bar still so bad?

Discus and support How is the Windows search bar still so bad? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm sure there are tons of posts like this, but the Microsoft forms are difficult to search through imagine that. It seems like the search bar next to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EricWencel1, Oct 17, 2021.

1. How is the Windows search bar still so bad?

I'm sure there are tons of posts like this, but the Microsoft forms are difficult to search through imagine that. It seems like the search bar next to the start menu will find anything and everything but the most obvious, most desired thing that exactly matches the phrase you enter. Instead of scrolling forever through the start menu to find a program, I prefer to just search for it. However, instead of bringing up a frequently used program that matches my query exactly i.e. Adobe Illustrator, or SketchUp the search will return obscure temporary files buried deep on my server, or useless a

:)

EricWencel1, Oct 17, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 17, 2021
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 17, 2021
  4. How is the Windows search bar still so bad?

How to clear the search record at the search bar on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which search bar are you referring to?

• Is it the search bar in file explorer or the search bar on desktop (cortana and search)?
    If you are referring to the search bar in file explorer, I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
    (to delete a specific entry)

• Open File Explorer.

• Click/tap inside the Search box, then select (highlight) the search suggestion (ex:
      ttt) that you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

• You will not notice that it has been deleted.

• Repeat if you would like to delete another one.

To clear all search entries, follow this:

• Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then
      run it.

Clear_Search_History_in_File_Explorer.bat

2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by
    unblocking

the downloaded .bat file

3. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close while applying the changes to your registry.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

How is the Windows search bar still so bad?

1. How is the Windows search bar still so bad? - Similar Threads - search bar still

2. How is the Windows search bar still so bad?

in Cortana
    How is the Windows search bar still so bad?: I'm sure there are tons of posts like this, but the Microsoft forms are difficult to search through imagine that. It seems like the search bar next to the start menu will find anything and everything but the most obvious, most desired thing that exactly matches the phrase you...
  3. How is the Windows search bar still so bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is the Windows search bar still so bad?: I'm sure there are tons of posts like this, but the Microsoft forms are difficult to search through imagine that. It seems like the search bar next to the start menu will find anything and everything but the most obvious, most desired thing that exactly matches the phrase you...
  4. So xbox game bar is being bad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So xbox game bar is being bad: So when i'm playing minecraft alone, not in a call on discord, I can hear my mic fine in a xbox game bar capture, but, whenever I am in a call on discord, only my friends audio is in there but not mine, any fixes? submitted by /u/mistychilly [link] [comments]...
  5. Why your store is still so bad ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why your store is still so bad ?: This windows Store is by far my worst experience. I have a computer made by Microsoft so I'm supposed to get the best experience available. But instead there are some app I cannot install sometime they doesn't download, or doesn't update or doesn't launch. And they are...
  6. Windows 10 Search is still so bad at its Job

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search is still so bad at its Job: Why is Windows 10 Search So Bad At It's Job? is a question asked almost 4 years ago, I looked everywhere and this still has no answer or interest form Microsoft to be found. Why did you lock the question if there is clearly no answer yet. Why do you push bing results into my...
  7. Windows 10 Search bar STILL not functioning V4

Windows 10 Search bar STILL not functioning V4: This is the fourth time I am posting about this issue. This is the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsQBpB03lnk&feature=youtu.be The previous three times the problem occurred one day after the presumable fix. These are the previous posts:...
  8. Still dont know how I messed this up so bad.

Still dont know how I messed this up so bad.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/critical2210 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffnyzt/still_dont_know_how_i_messed_this_up_so_bad/
  9. Why is Windows 10 Search Still So Bad At It's Job?

in Cortana
    Why is Windows 10 Search Still So Bad At It's Job?: The old thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana-winpc/why-is-windows-10-search-so-bad-at-its-job/6041e4bf-c30c-4575-a52c-b6916a1e7326? I am still confused why the windows 10 search is so bad at it's job. I always thought it was...
  10. how is windows 10 still this bad?

in Windows 10 Support
    how is windows 10 still this bad?: I miss the days of vista where if you knew how to computer you'd have no problems while the masses complained, but with 10 I'm now getting the same widespread bugs as everyone else and it doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon even though I built a $3000 desktop that did...