Windows 10: How Is There Little Disk Space

Discus and support How Is There Little Disk Space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear MSCS I am in a dilemma concerning the amount of PC Disk Space that has been used up on this laptop. This is the data I have compiled using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, Aug 12, 2019.

1. How Is There Little Disk Space

Dear MSCS

I am in a dilemma concerning the amount of PC Disk Space that has been used up on this laptop.

This is the data I have compiled using the properties utility available.

This is my old laptop which was a WinXP, by changing the hard-drive, it was upgraded to a Win7 and now running Insiders Win10.

Am I reading this right.

I have (30GB) of iTunes back-up files and wondering that if I remove these, I should gain some space back, but I believe I would have to uninstall iTunes as well.

There is 6 installations Apple have placed on this laptop for the iTunes to function.

iTunes

Apple Support 32

Apple Support 64

Apple Support Mobile Device

Apple Software Update

iCloud (Optional)

The only thing is, I am not sure in which order I should uninstall these.

I did this before on another PC an I couldn't update or uninstall, which to me became a security issue with the lack of control available and I cannot imagine in what order I should uninstall, but that is just the start of 30GB from what is taking up the disk space.

OneDrive isn't taking up much space and I am connected to a 1TB external hard-drive.

The Disk Space GB Used

Local Disk 297 GB

Local Disk Used 10.4 GB

3D Objects 3.56 GB

Desktop 2.56 MB

Downloads 7.74 GB

Music 30.9 GB

Pictures 124 MB

Videos 506 bytes

OneDrive 3.29 GB

DropBox 1 290 MB

DropBox 2 290 MB

iCloudPhotos 123 MB

CreativeCloud 2.83 MB

:)

Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Aug 12, 2019
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 12, 2019
  4. How Is There Little Disk Space

hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

How Is There Little Disk Space

1. How Is There Little Disk Space - Similar Threads - Little Disk Space

2. Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Space: So I have an HP Stream laptop, not the best computer but hey it does school and SOME streaming... my question is,SOMETHING is taking up space and Idk how to look for it.I've done CC, I've run senses, cleared cache, ran TREE just to see if something was out of the ordinary....
  3. Disk Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Space: So I have an HP Stream laptop, not the best computer but hey it does school and SOME streaming... my question is,SOMETHING is taking up space and Idk how to look for it.I've done CC, I've run senses, cleared cache, ran TREE just to see if something was out of the ordinary....
  4. Why Do I Have Very Little Remaining Disk Space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Do I Have Very Little Remaining Disk Space?: I purchased a second hand low spec Asus Transformer Book T100 as I only needed it for YouTube and Emails.I now need to run an Android Emulator but having issue due to the very low memory.I had around 200 MB of remaining memory so deleted all videos, mostly every photo and...
  5. Disk space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk space: So one day i had just 100 GB less on my SSD drive C and i checked my files and it says less than it says on main page on computer so my disk space is 220 GB and all files on it are 89 GB and then it says that 29GB is free. So please help me idk what to do....
  6. disk space

disk space: unable to create more disk space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-space/4c5280a4-1b9b-4a9a-aac2-efa8c9ca9fac
  7. Disk space

Disk space: I am at my wits end with disk space my recovery D drive is full and nothing they tell me to do will relieve it does any one know what to do 16 gb of whats labled as other and cant get rid of it....
  8. No disk space

No disk space: I am running OYYU UBOOK6 > I can not update windows because I have no disc space > I have deleted all apps/programs possible > I cant reset to earlier date > I tried to reset computer to factory settings but not enough disc space to do this.. Question: Can I reset...
  9. Disk Space

Disk Space: Today there was a new update that popped up on my computer for Windows 10. My computer (Surface Pro) said there wasn't enough disk space to install it and all of a sudden all my files compressed and a majority of thumbnails for images disappeared. So - first went to the "Disk...
  10. Disk Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Space: I believe I posted a question similar to this, but this is really just to find out how to fix the problem and to see if my ideas work or if they work or not. Anyways, I currently have 500 or so MB left on my built in drive. That's 500 out of 30GB. I barely do anything on my...