Windows 10: How is Windows able to track my previous Win10 installation after a full wipe?

Discus and support How is Windows able to track my previous Win10 installation after a full wipe? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently formatted my drive and clean installed Windows, and after the new installation, Windows still shows some apps from the Microsoft Store as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ucdrogon, Sep 16, 2020.

1. How is Windows able to track my previous Win10 installation after a full wipe?

I recently formatted my drive and clean installed Windows, and after the new installation, Windows still shows some apps from the Microsoft Store as being purchased on older dates, from the previous installation.

Mind you, I never signed in to Microsoft Store in the previous installation or current installation, just using a local account.

The apps that it shows are AMD Radeon Settings Lite, Windows 10 Pro (?? lol), Photos Media Engine Add-On.

How can they track this if everything was wiped?

submitted by /u/ucdrogon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ucdrogon, Sep 16, 2020

2. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Sep 16, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 16, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

How is Windows able to track my previous Win10 installation after a full wipe?

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

How is Windows able to track my previous Win10 installation after a full wipe?

1. How is Windows able to track my previous Win10 installation after a full wipe? - Similar Threads - able track previous

2. Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe: I decided to fully clean and reset my computer. It worked fine until it was done and i tried to log in to the computer. I do not get any option to log in to an admin account, and my old user gets the error message "your pin is No longer available due to a change on this...
  3. Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe: I decided to fully clean and reset my computer. It worked fine until it was done and i tried to log in to the computer. I do not get any option to log in to an admin account, and my old user gets the error message "your pin is No longer available due to a change on this...
  4. Full system wipe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full system wipe: Trying to do a full system wipe / reboot on a dell 10th gen i5 with windows 10 followed the instructions from start menu and clicked to start the reboot. Said this may take some time. The screen is now flashing between the dell symbol and a blank black screen, and has...
  5. What to do after a full wipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What to do after a full wipe: I am currently awaiting my PC to reset completely because its been having some issues for a few years and I wanna try resetting before changing the hardware. Originally I was going to do a small one and keep my files but it blue screened 6 times when just powering on without...
  6. Reinstalling and Activating Win10 after Wipe

Reinstalling and Activating Win10 after Wipe: Hello, I'd like to kindly ask HOW (if possible with steps) to Reinstall AND Re-activate Windows10 after I have wiped completely (not just format) my PC. My question is not so much the installing process as to how to get an activated version back again running WHEN my...
  7. Not able to do the installation after a full computer wipe

Not able to do the installation after a full computer wipe: So i recently reset one of the company machines getting it ready for a new employee, but I seem to be unable to set it up afterwards. I go through the process (language, timezone, keyboard) and click next. It loads for around 10 minutes, then it restarts and gives me this...
  8. Full win10 install on ssd

Full win10 install on ssd: Hi my actual os: Win 7. Home edition. Installed on hdd i have mounted a 120 g sandisk SSD in my desktop so i would like to install a FULL. (Not a update) win10 on my new ssd i disconnect my win7 hdd ( i want to keep this win 7 hdd) after, can i follow the...
  9. Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive

Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive: My friend has an AIO desktop computer that came with Win 8 and updated to 8.1 and finally Windows 10. She had many problems with Windows 10 and her daughter wiped the hard drive clean and the computer has been sitting there doing nothing since Dec 2016 I suspect she can...
  10. How to wipe Win10 Clean?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to wipe Win10 Clean?: Hi, I would like to know how to wipe windows 10 clean due to the errors I've been getting recently, I've tried doing the tutorials but the settings app will not open. So is there any other way to wipe the computer clean? it would be appreciated if someone could help. 49515