Windows 10: How is Windows search supposed to work? It doesn't show expected results.

Discus and support How is Windows search supposed to work? It doesn't show expected results. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I pressed the Windows key and typed the name of a search term, "vstplugins" It automatically showed me internet search results... (cough) I clicked on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rpeg, Mar 4, 2021.

1. /u/rpeg Win User

How is Windows search supposed to work? It doesn't show expected results.

• I pressed the Windows key and typed the name of a search term, "vstplugins"
    • It automatically showed me internet search results... (cough)
    • I clicked on the folders button hidden under "more". An interesting place to put it
    • It says there are no search results for "vstplugins" even though the folder exists.

What am I misunderstanding here? I'm assuming this is an issue of user error? I should be able to search for existing folders, no?

submitted by /u/rpeg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rpeg, Mar 4, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

How is Windows search supposed to work? It doesn't show expected results. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 4, 2021
  3. windows explorer search won't show any results

Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck.

Jim Ampulski, Mar 4, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

How is Windows search supposed to work? It doesn't show expected results. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1. How is Windows search supposed to work? It doesn't show expected results. - Similar Threads - search supposed doesn't

2. Searching folders doesn't give expected results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching folders doesn't give expected results: So I tried searching my folders for script but I did not find results despite files containing script in the name existing https://pasteboard.co/dVI7XHZOoh0F.pnghttps://pasteboard.co/08YS4QXVDqQA.pngp.s. pasting images here is not working....
  3. Searching folders doesn't give expected results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching folders doesn't give expected results: So I tried searching my folders for script but I did not find results despite files containing script in the name existing https://pasteboard.co/dVI7XHZOoh0F.pnghttps://pasteboard.co/08YS4QXVDqQA.pngp.s. pasting images here is not working....
  4. Searching folders doesn't give expected results

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why doesn't the file explorer's search by name work as expected?

Why doesn't the file explorer's search by name work as expected?: Why doesn't windows find this file when I do a search with name:complianceThe name search is the most useful feature of windows explorer.What can be done to make it reliable?Thanks very much!...
  6. Windows 11 Search Panel Doesn't Show Result

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Search Panel Doesn't Show Result: My Search Panel doesn't show any result I don't know why but that happed after I removed this folder "AppData\Local\Packages" in order to fix nvidia control panel then I restarted my computer as requested in the solution that I was following while restart windows update...
  7. Windows 11 Search Panel Doesn't Show Result

Windows 11 Search Panel Doesn't Show Result: My Search Panel doesn't show any result I don't know why but that happed after I removed this folder "AppData\Local\Packages" in order to fix nvidia control panel then I restarted my computer as requested in the solution that I was following while restart windows update...
  8. Windows Start Menu Search doesn't show search results for some categories

in Cortana
    Windows Start Menu Search doesn't show search results for some categories: Hi, My Windows Search bar the one on my taskbar isn't showing my any results for only some categories. If I start typing just a few letters I immediately get results for apps, settings, and people if applicable, but even if I type just 2-3 letters and ask for results within...
  9. Program doesn't show in search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program doesn't show in search results: When I search for a program from the Start > Search menu, a specific program that is installed in my computer doesn't show under the letter of its name. What can be the reason? Is the problem on the program or Windows'[ATTACH] end?...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886