Windows 10: How isolated is a Linux virtual machine running inside of hyper-v

Discus and support How isolated is a Linux virtual machine running inside of hyper-v in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, New windows user alert : I'm wondering how isolated can a Linux virtual machine be running inside Hyper-V. On mac I run linux inside... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Haim Ashkenazi, Oct 18, 2020.

1. How isolated is a Linux virtual machine running inside of hyper-v

Hi all,

New windows user alert :

I'm wondering how isolated can a Linux virtual machine be running inside Hyper-V. On mac I run linux inside VMware Fusion with isolation settings set to max e.g. no file sharing, clipboard etc... and whenever I have a suspicious URL or even archive that I want to inspect it's content I can run it on this Linux with reasonable expectation that what I run inside the VM will not affect the host system and yes, I know it's not full proof. I was wondering if Hyper-V has the same isolation level or is it a more lightweight wrapper?

Thanks in advance.

Haim

:)

Haim Ashkenazi, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Oct 18, 2020
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Oct 18, 2020
  4. How isolated is a Linux virtual machine running inside of hyper-v

Hyper-V Virtual machine sound not working

I recently found out how to get Hyper-V to work and made a Linux virtual machine with no problem. However, when I want to play any audio on the virtual machine, I can't. No audio will play on the virtual machine. Is there any way that I can fix this?

Nelson Alex, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

How isolated is a Linux virtual machine running inside of hyper-v

1. How isolated is a Linux virtual machine running inside of hyper-v - Similar Threads - isolated Linux virtual

2. How to maximize a running game window in hyper-v virtual machine ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to maximize a running game window in hyper-v virtual machine ?: i have windows 10 pro and i installed the hyper-v virtual machine and on the virtual machine i installed window 8.1 pro now when i'm running a game on the virtual machine i can hear the sound of the game but the game window is too small and i can't maximize it.this is a...
  3. How to maximize a running game window in hyper-v virtual machine ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to maximize a running game window in hyper-v virtual machine ?: i have windows 10 pro and i installed the hyper-v virtual machine and on the virtual machine i installed window 8.1 pro now when i'm running a game on the virtual machine i can hear the sound of the game but the game window is too small and i can't maximize it.this is a...
  4. Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine: Hi and question: If I run a virtual machine inside my windows 10 machine, does all the telemetry, keystroke logging, etc. still happen while inside the VM? Example: If I run Linux Mint in a VM with Windows 10 as the host computer, does Windows (Microsoft) get all the...
  5. Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines: How to: Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines Running Windows on a virtual machine can naturally never be as fast as same version of Windows on same computer running on physical hardware. However, by tweaking virtual machine settings, you can greatly impact the speed and...
  6. Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine [img] Information Nested Virtualization means that user can enable Hyper-V on existing virtual machines, and run virtual machines and Windows Sandbox on them. To make Nested Virtualization...
  7. Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi, I was wondering if all I really need to do to backup activated virtual machines but not associated virtual hard drives is just to copy the virtual hard drive folder to another drive (or even one drive) . All I am really interested is in saving the machines which have...
  8. Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running: Hi all, Title says it all. I'm using Win10 Enterprise edition Insider Preview 15007 on an Intel Core 2 duo based notebook with 4gb ram. When I tried hyper-v some months ago, it succeeded. I don't know why it doesn't run. Intel Virtualization Technology is on according...
  9. Hyper-V Quick Create - Setup Ubuntu Linux virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Quick Create - Setup Ubuntu Linux virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Quick Create - Setup Ubuntu Linux virtual machine [img] Information Microsoft's cooperation with Canonical just took a giant leap. Will Cooke from Canonical announced new Hyper-V Quick Create Gallery virtual hard disk with pe-installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS....
  10. Use Hyper-V virtual machine to get Windows 10 Insider ISO

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Hyper-V virtual machine to get Windows 10 Insider ISO: How to: Use Hyper-V virtual machine to get Windows 10 Insider ISO [img] Information To run a Windows Insider version of Windows 10, your PC does not have to be opted in for Insider builds. It's enough to have one machine opted in, use it to get Insider build upgrade and...