Windows 10: How large should a backup thumb drive be?

Discus and support How large should a backup thumb drive be? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there, I have an Acer Aspire E5-575 with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Single Language 1803. I am facing issues with my laptop after updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shubh Varma, Aug 6, 2020.

1. How large should a backup thumb drive be?

Hello there,

I have an Acer Aspire E5-575 with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Single Language 1803.

I am facing issues with my laptop after updating to version 1909 and a solution to that problem is shifting back to the default OS version.

After consulting an authorized technician, I was advised to shift back to the original OS using Image backup.

My laptop will go through this and will turn back to what it was without any problems.

For future, if my laptop ever runs into such a problem, I want the original image backup in a thumb drive so I can do the things myself.

So to create this drive, what should be the size of the thumb drive?

And if you find a 'trustworthy' YouTube video that demonstrates how to perform recovery, please drop a link to that.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Shubh Varma, Aug 6, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Transfer a file to a thumb drive

Hi Michael,

Connect the USB Thumb drive

Right click the file you want to transfer and click 'Send to' - flash drive (that drive should be bottom of he 'Send to' list . . .

DaveM121, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Can a thumb drive be disabled by malware?

There are quite a few possibilities to what happened to your thumb drive:

1. It might be a simple issue where the partition got corrupted: In this case you can go to Computer Management > Disk Management> and check out what partition your thumb drive currently has. If it currently is in RAW format or is just unallocated, I suggest you unallocate the entire drive and make a new partition. It's possible that you can recover upto 99% of your files with a tool like EaseUS DataRecovery Wizard Pro.
    2. The malware corrupted your thumb drive's firmware: The malware that your thumb drive may have encountered may be similar to something like BadUSB. It may or may not have modified your drive's firmware to transmit malware, but in any case your thumb drive's pretty dead, and there's not much you can do about it.

Don't Root here plz..., Aug 6, 2020
  4. How large should a backup thumb drive be?

USB Drive as backup and recovery drive.

You should not use a large drive such as that for a recovery drive. A 16 GB USB thumb drive would be more appropriate. The 2 TB external would be better as a backup drive for your computer.

See how to create a recovery drive:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

How large should a backup thumb drive be?

1. How large should a backup thumb drive be? - Similar Threads - large should backup

2. How large should files at drive root be?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How large should files at drive root be?: So according to system I have 226GB in files at drive root. Is that a lot and should I do something about it?I also couldn't find that many files in the drive root folder see below...
  3. How large should files at drive root be?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How large should files at drive root be?: So according to system I have 226GB in files at drive root. Is that a lot and should I do something about it?I also couldn't find that many files in the drive root folder see below...
  4. How large should files at drive root be?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. backup to usb thumb drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  6. Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive

Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive: New member here. Running Win 10 Home, 64 bit. I have three 1 TB hard drives on the system and back them up to three 1 TB drives periodically using Casper 10.1 . I also have a 4 TB drive that I'd like to use for offsite backup and my intention was to partition the 4 TB drive...
  7. Thumb Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thumb Drives: How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drives/8b697fba-9f37-417b-a867-1443e9150438
  8. Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive?: I am trying to learn the registry so it is essential I have a good backup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-good-to-backup-the-registry-on-a-thumb-drive/af194a36-c956-475a-98aa-9cc63e565e0f
  9. Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive

Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive: I want to have Macrium Rescue and windows backup in one pendrive. If I create two partition in my pendrive, first for rescue and other for keeping backup, is it possible. Because windows only recognize the first primary partition of the pendrive. Sorry found the answer in...
  10. thumb drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    thumb drives: Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165