Windows 10: How Located ALL my Pictures

Discus and support How Located ALL my Pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Need Instruction how to find ALL my Pictures on PC and / or on the Cloud?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BA-MSFT, Feb 3, 2019.

1. BA-MSFT Win User

How Located ALL my Pictures

Need Instruction how to find ALL my Pictures on PC and / or on the Cloud?

:)

BA-MSFT, Feb 3, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

How Located ALL my Pictures [​IMG]

mrgeek, Feb 3, 2019
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Feb 3, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How Located ALL my Pictures - Similar Threads - Located Pictures

2. how to add location tab in the properties of my pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add location tab in the properties of my pictures folder?: How do I restore Windows 11 Pictures folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\. I am transferring files from my...
  3. how to add location tab in the properties of my pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add location tab in the properties of my pictures folder?: How do I restore Windows 11 Pictures folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\. I am transferring files from my...
  4. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  5. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  6. HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location: Hi all,I have recently moved the location of my desktop, and pictures location from the original to d:Unfortunately, upon moving, I did not create a new photo called d:/desktop, d:/pictures etc, but I merely moved it to the root of D:Now, all my desktop files and picture...
  7. HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location

HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location: Hi all,I have recently moved the location of my desktop, and pictures location from the original to d:Unfortunately, upon moving, I did not create a new photo called d:/desktop, d:/pictures etc, but I merely moved it to the root of D:Now, all my desktop files and picture...
  8. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  9. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  10. Account Picture Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Picture Location: Okay just what the hell is going on with how Windows 10 stores/caches account pictures?! There are three seperate directories which I have checked mulitple times to find where these pictures get stored and all of them have been...