Windows 10: How log to tidy up sync settings on server

Discus and support How log to tidy up sync settings on server in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I just turned off my sync settings because I have bought a new laptop and do not want the settings to be sync/same. The web page came back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rockface, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Rockface Win User

How log to tidy up sync settings on server

Hi

I just turned off my sync settings because I have bought a new laptop and do not want the settings to be sync/same.

The web page came back quickly to say that settings have been deleted but it also said that some data would be deleting when regular housekeeping had run ( or words to that effect).

Can you tell me how often this housekeeping runs and the therefor the maximum period I would have to wait before I can be certain this has taken place?

:)

Rockface, Sep 1, 2019

2. desktop tidy.

can anyone suggest a good desktop tidy program, mine freezes on startup and takes an age to finally start.

aaron eggleton, Sep 1, 2019
  3. LadyDay62 Win User
    Microsof account sync issue- error code 80070490 saying "We can't sync right now".

I am trying to follow the suggestions above. I am here in your list of suggested steps:
    • If this account continues to fail to sync the next thing to do is tap the error you receive. You should now be on the screen where you can enter your password. At the very bottom of this screen try entering the following in the server name field, m.hotmail.com,
      blu-m.hotmail.com, bay-m.hotmail.com. After entering each, go and try to sync the account.
    There's no place to enter my password.

There's...

Microsoft Account Settings

Account name - Hotmail

User name

Server eas.outlook.com

Just so that I am clear, I am to change the server name to one of those in your response (above), one at a time, try to sync. If it doesn't sync, try the next one--correct?

I will await your response.

Thank you.

LadyDay62, Sep 1, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How log to tidy up sync settings on server - Similar Threads - log tidy sync

2. How to set up sync partnership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up sync partnership: How to set up sync partnership https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-sync-partnership/03718261-c9ad-4d4f-a8c8-bc539a8f4f0f
  3. How to set up sync partnership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up sync partnership: How to set up sync partnership https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-sync-partnership/03718261-c9ad-4d4f-a8c8-bc539a8f4f0f
  4. How to Set up self VPN server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Set up self VPN server: I've been trying to set up self VPN server on my computer but keep on failing. I keep on getting lot's of error. Is there any clear intrusions to guide me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-self-vpn-server/e1a899e7-8571-47c2-8560-6d3432ee0699
  5. Tidy Up My Desktop - Suggestions Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Tidy Up My Desktop - Suggestions Please: In all the years I have had a pc I find myself saving things on my desktop to access quickly. Eg Word Docs just created, latest eBook downloaded, web pages etc I simply must remember etc If I put them in a folder I can never remember where they are Comes with age lol Can you...
  6. Set up a Sync Partnership

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set up a Sync Partnership: In my Windows 10 Control Panel - All Control Panel items - Sync Center - Sync Set up - As you probably know it reads: Before you can sync with anything, you need to set up a Sync Partnership. However, when I tap on Set up new sync partnerships. It reads: There are no new sync...
  7. How do I set up automatic sync between OneDrive and Server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I set up automatic sync between OneDrive and Server: We use OneDrive to backup our work files that are normally saved onto a server. I want to set OneDrive up so it automatically syncs on its own every night. I've tried looking through settings, changed what I thought would do the trick, but it's not working. Then someone told...
  8. Backup tidying?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Backup tidying?: I have quite a few GB of Macrium system images from various Windows versions and the space consumption is getting pretty high. These are full system images that include Windows+Program Files etc. To consolidate things I figured I would pull all the important stuff from the...
  9. Tidy up of folders on a NAS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tidy up of folders on a NAS: I have been backing up to my NAS for a few years now. As you can imagine with differing home folder names and other changes, there are multiple copies of my user folders on there. I would like to merge these and sanitise them but I dont want to loose any files. Whats the...
  10. Tidy up Start up settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tidy up Start up settings.: Hello, first time poster here - I am a bit of a clean freak and I have a issue that is driving me crazy, there is a few programs that are no longer installed onto my computer however still shows on the 'Start up' via Task Manager, I have attached an image of what I mean,...