Windows 10: How Long Between Win 10 Reserved and Ready to Update?

Discus and support How Long Between Win 10 Reserved and Ready to Update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had Win 8.1 home on my laptop and have Win 8.1 pro on a desktop. Both legal copies. Both computers are connected to the Internet. At about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BSquared18, Aug 19, 2015.

1. How Long Between Win 10 Reserved and Ready to Update?

I had Win 8.1 home on my laptop and have Win 8.1 pro on a desktop. Both legal copies. Both computers are connected to the Internet.

At about the same time yesterday, I "reserved" Win 10 on both computers. Within a couple of hours, the message in the window on the laptop changed to let me know that Win 10 was ready to install, and I installed it without a problem. In that case, the laptop had come with Win 8 installed.

A day later, I'm still getting the "Reserve Win 10" sign on my desktop. I'm wondering why the delay. Does it take a long time in some cases for the install to be ready to go? The desktop is a custom-built computer for which I bought Win 8 pro and had the builder install it. It has been upgraded to 8.1

Thanks,
    Bill

:)

BSquared18, Aug 19, 2015

2. I would just like to ask when I have reserved windows 10 how long will it take to be ready to install?

I would just like to ask when I have reserved windows 10 how long will it take to be ready to install?

ColeGriffin, Aug 19, 2015
  3. chasesjr Win User
    win 10 reservation

get win 10 reservation gave message that this computer wasnt ready for win 10 because of onboard nvidia graphics, I upgraded to radeon graphics card and now get win10 says computer is ready for win 10, do i have to reserve again or will get win 10 make
    another attempt to download? and if so approx when?

chasesjr, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

How Long Between Win 10 Reserved and Ready to Update?

That depends....

you can download the Media Creation tool and force to update NOW.

Good luck

Harpert, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Thanks. I did that, and everything seems to be working--so far.

Bill

BSquared18, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How Long Between Win 10 Reserved and Ready to Update?

1. How Long Between Win 10 Reserved and Ready to Update? - Similar Threads - Long Between Reserved

2. Getting Windows ready long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Windows ready long time: Hi everyone, on my Windows 11 PC I restarted the device and it said ‘getting Windows ready, please don’t turn off your pc’ with a spinning circle and a black screen.This is unusual as normally there’s a percentage.This went on for a few hours so I hard shut down the device...
  3. Getting Windows ready long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Windows ready long time: Hi everyone, on my Windows 11 PC I restarted the device and it said ‘getting Windows ready, please don’t turn off your pc’ with a spinning circle and a black screen.This is unusual as normally there’s a percentage.This went on for a few hours so I hard shut down the device...
  4. Can't update Win 10 due to reserve partition error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update Win 10 due to reserve partition error: I went into the Disk Management menu and it showed 4 partitions. I don't know what all that means, but the first one was "C", and the rest had no designation. The "C" partition showed 87%, and the other three showed 100%. All said "Healthy". I'm guessing that means I...
  5. we couldn't update the system reserved partition win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    we couldn't update the system reserved partition win 10: I have been trying for over a week there are lots of answers have tried a few of them but I am a bit bothered in case my computer goes wrong. I am not so good on doing any thing to my PC. will try anything but some of the answers to my problem ask me to do stuff that very...
  6. Win 10 reservation link

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 reservation link: Does anyone have or know the win10 Reservation Link or where to get win 10 upgrade? Thank You! 57504
  7. Necessary to reserve Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Necessary to reserve Win 10?: I've not decided yet if I will upgrade or clean install Win 10 when it is released. If I do upgrade, I will be restoring an image I've made, before the restore. So either way, I see no need to start downloading any preliminary files, which I've read that the reservation will...
  8. Win 10 can't update System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 can't update System Reserved Partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was migrated from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 boots and runs great off the Samsung SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to...
  9. How long is the free update/reserve available?

in Windows 10 Support
    How long is the free update/reserve available?: For how long is the free update from 8.1 to 10 going to be available? Because I want to install it on my office PCs and laptops but need to make sure they work properly first. For how long is the free update available? 9094
  10. Win 10 Reservation on small tablets

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Reservation on small tablets: Morning all, Has anyone with a small tablet (7 or 8") received the app to reserve win 10 yet So far I haven't so I am thinking tablet is not yet compatible, so wondering if anyone else has Mine is the 8" Linx with Win8.1 for Bing 6842