Windows 10: How Long can a Feature Update be Postponed?

Discus and support How Long can a Feature Update be Postponed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've had 1809 running well for a while now and have been putting off 1903 as I don't need any surprises! It says of course 1903 is waiting for download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FunkMaster, Jan 17, 2020.

1. How Long can a Feature Update be Postponed?

I've had 1809 running well for a while now and have been putting off 1903 as I don't need any surprises! It says of course 1903 is waiting for download and install. Well I've just chosen to not bother with it, but when will it force itself upon me? Is there any rule of thumb now, because things keep changing with 10 so much I can't keep up with it.

:)

FunkMaster, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Darksaber Win User

XBox 360 dashboard gets 125 new features

The next Xbox 360 update is coming along nicely. The download should take less than a minute and will be available to all Xbox 360 Live users. The feature list is quite long, so I suggest you click on the following link for the entire list:Xbox update.

Source: DailyTech

Darksaber, Jan 17, 2020
  3. tcebob Win User
    Defer Feature Updates Blanked out After Recent Update?

Apparently, "defer" does not refer to postponing updates to a more convenient time. Microsoft's explanation:

• "Some Windows 10 editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features won’t be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn't affect security updates. Note that deferring upgrades will prevent you from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available."
    I had it turned on and wondered why no update had been done for over a month. It finally happened in mid afternoon when I stepped away for a break, and l had to wait quite a while to get back to work.

The best you can do is set Active Hours, which will postpone updates until a better time of day. Active Hours is a maximum of 12 hours. I've set mine to 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Sleep mode won't stop it. But I don't think MS has a way to turn on your computer.

tcebob, Jan 17, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

How Long can a Feature Update be Postponed?

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

How Long can a Feature Update be Postponed?

1. How Long can a Feature Update be Postponed? - Similar Threads - Long Feature Update

2. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...: Is it possible to find out if a Security Update can be avoided under certain conditions?As an example, I need to perform a critical task which only involves followingreceive email with PowerPoint attachment from known trusted internal co-workeruse PowerPoint to view above...
  3. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...: Is it possible to find out if a Security Update can be avoided under certain conditions?As an example, I need to perform a critical task which only involves followingreceive email with PowerPoint attachment from known trusted internal co-workeruse PowerPoint to view above...
  4. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but...: Is it possible to find out if a Security Update can be avoided under certain conditions?As an example, I need to perform a critical task which only involves followingreceive email with PowerPoint attachment from known trusted internal co-workeruse PowerPoint to view above...
  5. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but...: Is it possible to find out if a Security Update can be avoided under certain conditions?As an example, I need to perform a critical task which only involves followingreceive email with PowerPoint attachment from known trusted internal co-workeruse PowerPoint to view above...
  6. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but...

7. Taskbar problem - Icons are postponed. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar problem - Icons are postponed. How to fix it?: [ATTACH] So you can see that the icons of the programs way deeper are as it should be. I can't see which program are open. How do I fix it? On my second monitor it looks right. All Icons at the same hight. (Taskbar fixed doesn't make a difference.) I already tried...
  8. Postpone or Pause Updates & Reboots Temporarily

in Windows 10 Customization
    Postpone or Pause Updates & Reboots Temporarily: I'm assuming this has been asked, but I can't find it., so I'm posting a question with answer here. If you want to postpone Windows 10 updates temporarily (e.g., I'm running an analysis in Python that takes ~14 days, but Windows thinks it's OK to download updates and reboot...
  9. How to postpone automatic Windows 10 update?

How to postpone automatic Windows 10 update?: I need my computer tonight without interruption and Windows wants to update. How can I tell it to wait til tomorrow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-postpone-automatic-windows-10-update/d2aa33ea-3627-443e-a466-b82a0c918b80
  10. Is This New? Postpone Installing Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is This New? Postpone Installing Updates: I don't believe I've noticed this before, but on my laptop, that does not have a metered connection or any other WU restrictions other that "Notify to Schedule Restart" I got an option asking if I wanted to install the updates downloaded or reschedule. Is this new? Windows...