Windows 10: How long does event viewer save/store your bsod log?

Discus and support How long does event viewer save/store your bsod log? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lets assume i had bsod 3 months or more ago, but at that time I had not checked the log in event viewer and today i would to check my 3 months ago bsod... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mikelferdinan, Oct 6, 2019.

1. How long does event viewer save/store your bsod log?

Lets assume i had bsod 3 months or more ago, but at that time I had not checked the log in event viewer and today i would to check my 3 months ago bsod log. Does event viewer still save/store your old (3 months or more) bsod and how long it will be stored?

:)

mikelferdinan, Oct 6, 2019

2. Store will not open

Please provide a copy of your Application Log of the Event viewer.

To do this do the steps:

• Open Store, just to log the detail in the event viewer
    • Type in event viewer in the search box.
    • on the left side list open Windows Logs>Application Logs
    • Right Click that application Log and select save all as.
    • After saving upload that .evtx file on onedrive publically and share the link here.
    Waiting for an earliest reply.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Windows Store still crashing

Please provide a copy of your Application Log of the Event viewer.
    To do this do the steps:

• Open Store so that it is logged into the event viewer.
    • Type in event viewer in the search box.
    • on the left side list open Windows Logs>Application Logs
    • Right Click that application Log and select save all as.
    • After saving upload that .evtx file on onedrive publically and share the link here.
    Waiting for an earliest reply.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 6, 2019
  4. How long does event viewer save/store your bsod log?

Win 10 Event Viewer -- cannot save filter in Custom Views

I try to keep up a custom view for the Event Viewer. Since Win 10 was upgraded I can add exclusions such as ...-1234,-567,-89... but these are not saved upon exit from Event Viewer. Many repeated events are reported and most are not important.

Nor can I find where the filter data is stored: registry, sys32, etc.

Steps: Launch Event Viewer -- find one or more events in the custom view log -- launch Filter Current Custom View -- Add the events to be filtered out (including a (-)minus sign and comma separation. (note that in the current session, the events are
    removed as is expected) -- close the Filter Current Custom View (note that there is no Apply button) -- close and restart Event Viewer.

Results: added event filter numbers are removed from the filter list -- any filter brought over from Win 8 upgrade still remain.

Fixing this would be great. Knowing where the data is stored would also be fine.

Ed C Benson, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

How long does event viewer save/store your bsod log?

1. How long does event viewer save/store your bsod log? - Similar Threads - long does event

2. BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.: I've reinstalled Windows through a bootable media on the computer, which was fine for a while. Prior to this, a few things happened:- BSOD on start every time- Safe boot did not fix BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error code on BSODWorked fine after the bootable media, and now...
  3. BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.: I've reinstalled Windows through a bootable media on the computer, which was fine for a while. Prior to this, a few things happened:- BSOD on start every time- Safe boot did not fix BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error code on BSODWorked fine after the bootable media, and now...
  4. Automatically Save Logs from Applications and Services Logs Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Save Logs from Applications and Services Logs Event Viewer: I am trying to create a task that will automatically save certain logs from Event Viewer that are saved in the Applications and Services Logs folder. I have found Powershell scripts that will save the logs from the Windows Logs folder but they do not work on the Applications...
  5. Automatically Save Logs from Applications and Services Logs Event Viewer

Automatically Save Logs from Applications and Services Logs Event Viewer: I am trying to create a task that will automatically save certain logs from Event Viewer that are saved in the Applications and Services Logs folder. I have found Powershell scripts that will save the logs from the Windows Logs folder but they do not work on the Applications...
  6. Event Viewer Audio logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Audio logs: Hello,I have been trying to look for audio logs which can show me when the device PC/Laptop was muted, and when the volume status was changed. In Event Viewer, both Windows>System and Application and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>Audio none are visible for the mute...
  7. Event Viewer Log Files

Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  8. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...
  9. how long does word save log files for?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how long does word save log files for?: How long does Microsoft word store its log files for? submitted by /u/chopsui101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ecw0bp/how_long_does_word_save_log_files_for/
  10. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...