Windows 10: How long does format take?

Discus and support How long does format take? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RickApple, Jul 1, 2021.

1. RickApple Win User

How long does format take?

I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take?

:)

RickApple, Jul 1, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Windows Format Configuration (time)

Hi Joc,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps you to change the time format.

• Press Windows key + X key, clicking Control Panel, clicking
      Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking
      Region.
    • Click the Formats tab, and then, in the
      Format list, select the Match Windows display language (recommended)
      under Format.
    • Check if the h: mm: tt is available under Short time and
      Long time format.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 1, 2021
  4. How long does format take?

change of time format in windows 10

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

Open the Control Panel and, in Clock, language and region, click Change date, time or number formats.

In the Formats tab, in Date and time formats, follow these steps:

To change to the 24-hour format, in the Shortcut drop-down list, select hh: mm and, in the Long-time drop-down list, select HH: mm: ss.

To change to the 12-hour format, in the Shortcut drop-down list, select h: mm: tt and, in the Long time drop-down list, select h: mm: ss: tt.

Click Apply, and then OK.

regards

MiguelChiappori, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

How long does format take?

1. How long does format take? - Similar Threads - long does format

2. how long does reset this computer take?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how long does reset this computer take?: Recovery saves my files mode, screen shows getting things ready, and this shouldn't take long, but seems to be stalled. How long should I wait? Norton virus scanner is stalling too. Reason I am attempting to use recovery mode....
  3. how long does reset this computer take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how long does reset this computer take?: Recovery saves my files mode, screen shows getting things ready, and this shouldn't take long, but seems to be stalled. How long should I wait? Norton virus scanner is stalling too. Reason I am attempting to use recovery mode....
  4. How long does format take?

How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  5. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  6. How Long Does An Upgrade Take.

How Long Does An Upgrade Take.: How long does it usually take for a reboot/upgrade to finish if it's done from the factory? Is it more than a day or so, I am just looking for answers on this so I don't have to go mad from waiting. 177310
  7. how long does a quick scan take?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how long does a quick scan take?: Hi can anyone advise how long a quick scan should take? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-long-does-a-quick-scan-take/cb38b289-7de1-4d18-aae6-671b9721132f
  8. How long does reset/wipe take?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long does reset/wipe take?: I will have to power off my PC soon... It's been 3 hours and i can't see any progress bar. If I power off my PC what happens? submitted by /u/anotherthrowaway2ns3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ey0gsq/how_long_does_resetwipe_take/
  9. How long does "getting updates " take?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long does "getting updates " take?: My installation is stuck on "Checking for updates 12% !!!!" I think its been like it for while. Will it get past this or has it crashed? I thought the whole point of downloading the ISO file was the updates were done directly from it. What the hell is it doing? Typical...
  10. I'm formatting a drive, how long will it take?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm formatting a drive, how long will it take?: It's 372.2 GB and it's been at 0% for some minutes now. 35470