Windows 10: How long does it take for Windows to register a Microsoft password change?

Discus and support How long does it take for Windows to register a Microsoft password change? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been having issues with starting up my computer recently so I wanted to boot it into safe mode to begin startup repair, but I had to log in to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Genevievemcf, Jun 25, 2022.

1. How long does it take for Windows to register a Microsoft password change?

I've been having issues with starting up my computer recently so I wanted to boot it into safe mode to begin startup repair, but I had to log in to my Microsoft account in order to do so. I forgot my password, logged back in like normal not in safe mode, changed my password, and then booted safe mode back up. Problem is, it keeps telling me the password is incorrect when I try signing in on safe mode. I've checked the Microsoft website repeatedly to confirm my password was updated today, which it was. I'm able to log in on the browser using the new password. But every time I try using it in

:)

Genevievemcf, Jun 25, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jun 25, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

How long does it take for Windows to register a Microsoft password change?

1. How long does it take for Windows to register a Microsoft password change? - Similar Threads - long does register

2. How long does it take Microsoft to fix a problem??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does it take Microsoft to fix a problem??: I have an OEM windows 11 liscence, and I updated my BIOS, so my windows detected a new hardware change although i didnt even change a cable, and it wont let me activate my windows again, i had a chat with a respectable customer support, They said that its a know issue and...
  3. How long does it take Microsoft to fix a problem??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long does it take Microsoft to fix a problem??: I have an OEM windows 11 liscence, and I updated my BIOS, so my windows detected a new hardware change although i didnt even change a cable, and it wont let me activate my windows again, i had a chat with a respectable customer support, They said that its a know issue and...
  4. How long does it take for Windows to register a Microsoft password change?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How long does it take for Windows to register a Microsoft password change?: I've been having issues with starting up my computer recently so I wanted to boot it into safe mode to begin startup repair, but I had to log in to my Microsoft account in order to do so. I forgot my password, logged back in like normal not in safe mode, changed my password,...
  5. How long does it take for Windows to register a Microsoft password change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long does it take for Windows to register a Microsoft password change?: I've been having issues with starting up my computer recently so I wanted to boot it into safe mode to begin startup repair, but I had to log in to my Microsoft account in order to do so. I forgot my password, logged back in like normal not in safe mode, changed my password,...
  6. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  7. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  8. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Support
  9. How Long Does An Upgrade Take.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Long Does An Upgrade Take.: How long does it usually take for a reboot/upgrade to finish if it's done from the factory? Is it more than a day or so, I am just looking for answers on this so I don't have to go mad from waiting. 177310
  10. How long does it take for Microsoft to restock Windows 10 Home?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How long does it take for Microsoft to restock Windows 10 Home?: I wanted to purchase the physical copy of Windows 10 Home and on the Microsoft store it says out of stock. How long do it usually take Microsoft to restock Windows 10 copies?...