Windows 10: How long does it take to create a Windows 10 recovery drive?

Discus and support How long does it take to create a Windows 10 recovery drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm into the third hour of creating Windows 10 recovery USB drive. How long should it take to complete?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by James Heard1, Mar 27, 2023.

1. How long does it take to create a Windows 10 recovery drive?

I'm into the third hour of creating Windows 10 recovery USB drive. How long should it take to complete?

:)

James Heard1, Mar 27, 2023

2. Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 27, 2023
  3. Unable to create a recovery drive on Windows 10

Hello Mike,

As you are unable to create a system recovery drive on your operating system we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • For how long time does the process stuck with loading circle?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Disable the third-party anti-virus software and try to create a recovery drive.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you
    have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: Follow the below steps to create a recovery drive on your device.

A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won't start. To create one, all you need is a USB drive.

Follow:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected, then select
      Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it's finished, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link, then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

Reference: Create a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 27, 2023
  4. How long does it take to create a Windows 10 recovery drive?

Create a Recovery Drive

Hi Élise,

To aid you with you query, we suggest that you check this
    link
    and follow the steps to create a recovery drive on Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Justin Emb, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

How long does it take to create a Windows 10 recovery drive?

1. How long does it take to create a Windows 10 recovery drive? - Similar Threads - long does create

2. How long does it take for external drive fixing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does it take for external drive fixing on Windows 10: How long does it take for external drive fixing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-does-it-take-for-external-drive-fixing-on/af8a4bdb-b4c3-404b-9bf9-e0f762eae1f4
  3. How long does it take for external drive fixing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long does it take for external drive fixing on Windows 10: How long does it take for external drive fixing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-does-it-take-for-external-drive-fixing-on/af8a4bdb-b4c3-404b-9bf9-e0f762eae1f4
  4. How long does it take for external drive fixing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How long does a Windows 10 update take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does a Windows 10 update take?: Okay so about 4 hours ago my computer needed to make updates, so I clicked restart and update and then I'm at the blue screen where it tells me that, "Working on Updates, Please do not turn off your PC, this might take a while, and your PC will restart several times."I...
  6. How long does a Windows 10 update take?

How long does a Windows 10 update take?: Okay so about 4 hours ago my computer needed to make updates, so I clicked restart and update and then I'm at the blue screen where it tells me that, "Working on Updates, Please do not turn off your PC, this might take a while, and your PC will restart several times."I...
  7. How long does it take to create a Windows 10 recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does it take to create a Windows 10 recovery drive?: I'm into the third hour of creating Windows 10 recovery USB drive. How long should it take to complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-does-it-take-to-create-a-windows-10/f0c80f0e-a050-415e-9e73-cd906d66565f
  8. How long does it take to create a Windows 10 recovery drive?

How long does it take to create a Windows 10 recovery drive?: I'm into the third hour of creating Windows 10 recovery USB drive. How long should it take to complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-does-it-take-to-create-a-windows-10/f0c80f0e-a050-415e-9e73-cd906d66565f
  9. How long does it take to install Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long does it take to install Windows 10?: I'm installing Windows 10 Pro 64bit on my Computer for over 9 hours and nothing has happened. Previously i saw the Windows logo and the rotating dots with some precentage under them, then my screen would go black for a couple of minutes after which the precentage went up. But...
  10. Create Recovery Drive takes too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Recovery Drive takes too long: The amount of time it takes to create a recovery drive is over 1 hour. This is absolutely unacceptable behavior! Microsoft needs to fix this now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-recovery-drive-takes-too-long/90b05ec7-5d62-4f78-a132-de4108102f4f