Windows 10: How long does it take to move a 176GB app to a USB drive

Discus and support How long does it take to move a 176GB app to a USB drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to move a Microsoft store game to an external USB to free up storage but there is no progress bar after moving, just gets says moving. Also when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alec Corson, Mar 19, 2023.

1. How long does it take to move a 176GB app to a USB drive

Trying to move a Microsoft store game to an external USB to free up storage but there is no progress bar after moving, just gets says moving. Also when I open file browser and select my external drive it will not open and file browser does not respond

:)

Alec Corson, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Mar 19, 2023
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

How long does it take to move a 176GB app to a USB drive

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

How long does it take to move a 176GB app to a USB drive nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

How long does it take to move a 176GB app to a USB drive

1. How long does it take to move a 176GB app to a USB drive - Similar Threads - long does move

2. How long does it take for external drive fixing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does it take for external drive fixing on Windows 10: How long does it take for external drive fixing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-does-it-take-for-external-drive-fixing-on/af8a4bdb-b4c3-404b-9bf9-e0f762eae1f4
  3. How long does it take for external drive fixing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long does it take for external drive fixing on Windows 10: How long does it take for external drive fixing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-does-it-take-for-external-drive-fixing-on/af8a4bdb-b4c3-404b-9bf9-e0f762eae1f4
  4. How long does it take to install Windows from USB?

in Windows 10 News
    How long does it take to install Windows from USB?: [IMG]If you want to know how long it takes to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a bootable USB on your system, this post will answer your question. How long does it take to install Windows 11 from USB? The time taken to download and install Windows 11 from a bootable USB...
  5. How long does it take to move a 176GB app to a USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does it take to move a 176GB app to a USB drive: Trying to move a Microsoft store game to an external USB to free up storage but there is no progress bar after moving, just gets says moving. Also when I open file browser and select my external drive it will not open and file browser does not respond...
  6. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  7. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  8. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Support
  9. How Long Does An Upgrade Take.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Long Does An Upgrade Take.: How long does it usually take for a reboot/upgrade to finish if it's done from the factory? Is it more than a day or so, I am just looking for answers on this so I don't have to go mad from waiting. 177310
  10. How long does it take to repair an app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How long does it take to repair an app?: I can't open Phantasy Star online 2 in microsoft store, and when i check the directory, files are missing. The exe and other files. So the first thing that i can think of is the repair option in the settings. Since i click on repair, the files shows up outta nowhere and goes...