Windows 10: How Long Does It Take You to Open Devices & Printers?

Discus and support How Long Does It Take You to Open Devices & Printers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I go to Control Panel > Devices & Printers, it takes a good 20 seconds for the progress bar to move across the window and the Devices & Printers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TV2, Jan 30, 2016.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

How Long Does It Take You to Open Devices & Printers?

When I go to Control Panel > Devices & Printers, it takes a good 20 seconds for the progress bar to move across the window and the Devices & Printers window to open.

How long does it take everyone else here? Is this normal?

:)

2. rjwalton Win User

How long does it take?

Has anyone else had trouble with Nokia keeping their phone for absolutely ages? My service centre told me I'd get my phone back within a week after they had to send it to Nokia - 3 weeks later and I'm ringing the service centre daily but they're being
    told by Nokia that it'll be "a little while longer" - very helpful! Now I know why I've avoided Nokia for so long! Anyone else have this trouble with Nokia?

rjwalton, Jan 30, 2016
  3. How long does it take?

Hi rjwalton,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your phone. However, this is not the right place to find out what is happening.

Do you know where you have sent the phone off to, or who it is you are speaking with? If you do, it may be a good idea to let us know.

Cheers

-

Karim

karim---01, Jan 30, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Looking at your specs could be your hard drive, which is slow, not windows 10. I have an SSD takes me about 2 secs and I show no progress bar at all. Their are much faster drives available then the one you have listed. *Smile

OldMike65, Jan 30, 2016
  5. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Negative.
    Got an SSD here too.

Sorry - I just updated My System Spec yesterday to reflect my Desktop PC, which I installed Windows 10 on a week ago.
    The old spec was a laptop that I clean installed on in August, and I missed the hard drive section.

6. Same here with my SP3 about 20 seconds,

I checked that it's the CPU that's using 2 cores while the page is loading. The disk barely even use 1%.

theveterans, Jan 30, 2016
  7. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Thanks for the info.
    It would be interesting to see what others do.

8. Steve C Win User

Takes 15 secs on my laptop. My Windows 8.1 desktop PC with more stuff connected takes 20 secs. Both PCs are using SSDs. I've never been able to figure out why this is so slow

Steve C, Jan 31, 2016
  9. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    In Windows 7 we could get this behavior if there was a device that was not initializing or had a driver problem.

I have checked and updated all my drivers and can't find any problem devices, so I now need to know if this is more "normal" behavior for Windows 10, or if I need to keep diagnosing.

10. OldMike65 Win User
    Just tried it again, from the desktop, clicked on my Control Panel Icon (I have a shortcut on my Desktop) from Control Panel to devices & Printers no longer than 3 secs ....

OldMike65, Jan 31, 2016
  11. sandra Win User
    My Devices & Printers window takes "forever" ... well it does open, but about 15 secs after I lose interest! I see several suggested solutions: make sure Bluetooth support service is running w/start auto, get rid of Realtek drivers, but these don't help. I have a local home network: two computers, ROKU, VOIP box, & various devices. Would prefer to see only local devices by default, perhaps within 5 seconds!!

sandra, Apr 7, 2016
  12. I go settings
    Which I have as pinned in taskbar
    which means I can save time by not going to start first
    Device & Printers
    Opens straight away in 4 seconds
    Yes I have timed it

hTconeM9user, Apr 7, 2016
  13. AndreTen Win User

You can get instant reaction, if you turn off network discovery in Control Panel / Network an sharing ... / Advanced sharing setting

Of course, it won't list any new devices...
    Edit: sorry *Smile it worked once, after that it takes 5 - 7 sec here again.

AndreTen, Apr 7, 2016
  14. sandra Win User
    Nice for you How Long Does It Take You to Open Devices & Printers? :)
    I am down to 8 seconds now that I have removed all the networked devices one by one... I don't really need to see these here I think. I c

sandra, Apr 7, 2016
  15. sandra Win User
    Nice for you How Long Does It Take You to Open Devices & Printers? :)
    I am down to 7-8 seconds (not exactly speedy) now that I have removed all the networked devices one by one... I don't really need to see these here I think. I can still see them (after about 16 seconds) when I open the Network view.

sandra, Apr 7, 2016
Thema:

1. How Long Does It Take You to Open Devices & Printers? - Similar Threads - Long Does Open

2. how long does reset this computer take?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how long does reset this computer take?: Recovery saves my files mode, screen shows getting things ready, and this shouldn't take long, but seems to be stalled. How long should I wait? Norton virus scanner is stalling too. Reason I am attempting to use recovery mode....
  3. how long does reset this computer take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how long does reset this computer take?: Recovery saves my files mode, screen shows getting things ready, and this shouldn't take long, but seems to be stalled. How long should I wait? Norton virus scanner is stalling too. Reason I am attempting to use recovery mode....
  4. How long does format take?

How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  5. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  6. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Support
  7. How long does it normally take for tech support to contact you?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long does it normally take for tech support to contact you?: Hello,I was wondering how long it takes for tech support to contact you after you have opened a ticket. Its been 1 week since I opened the ticket and followed up 3 days after with their support team but they claim the data team should be getting to me soon and their not sure...
  8. How Long Does An Upgrade Take.

How Long Does An Upgrade Take.: How long does it usually take for a reboot/upgrade to finish if it's done from the factory? Is it more than a day or so, I am just looking for answers on this so I don't have to go mad from waiting. 177310
  9. how long does a quick scan take?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how long does a quick scan take?: Hi can anyone advise how long a quick scan should take? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-long-does-a-quick-scan-take/cb38b289-7de1-4d18-aae6-671b9721132f
  10. How long does reset/wipe take?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long does reset/wipe take?: I will have to power off my PC soon... It's been 3 hours and i can't see any progress bar. If I power off my PC what happens? submitted by /u/anotherthrowaway2ns3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ey0gsq/how_long_does_resetwipe_take/