Windows 10: How long does reset/wipe take?

Discus and support How long does reset/wipe take? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I will have to power off my PC soon... It's been 3 hours and i can't see any progress bar. If I power off my PC what happens? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anotherthrowaway2ns3, Feb 2, 2020.

1. How long does reset/wipe take?

I will have to power off my PC soon... It's been 3 hours and i can't see any progress bar. If I power off my PC what happens?

submitted by /u/anotherthrowaway2ns3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/anotherthrowaway2ns3, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

Google Chrome keeps resetting bookmarks position

Can you list what tasks/steps you've done thus far in your attempt to resolve it?

Have you logged off your profile (if using Sync) and done a complete wipe of the browser?

How about uninstall and then wipe any remaining data?

Do you have another device you can sort on that it works fine or you could test with?

Kursah, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Feb 2, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

How long does reset/wipe take?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

How long does reset/wipe take?

1. How long does reset/wipe take? - Similar Threads - long does reset

2. how long does reset this computer take?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how long does reset this computer take?: Recovery saves my files mode, screen shows getting things ready, and this shouldn't take long, but seems to be stalled. How long should I wait? Norton virus scanner is stalling too. Reason I am attempting to use recovery mode....
  3. how long does reset this computer take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how long does reset this computer take?: Recovery saves my files mode, screen shows getting things ready, and this shouldn't take long, but seems to be stalled. How long should I wait? Norton virus scanner is stalling too. Reason I am attempting to use recovery mode....
  4. how long does reset this computer take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How long does format take?

How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  6. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  7. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Support
  8. How Long Does An Upgrade Take.

How Long Does An Upgrade Take.: How long does it usually take for a reboot/upgrade to finish if it's done from the factory? Is it more than a day or so, I am just looking for answers on this so I don't have to go mad from waiting. 177310
  9. How long does a full Windows reset take?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long does a full Windows reset take?: So i messed up something in the registry and decided to make a windows reset and deleting everything on my drives. Now how long is this normally gonna take? Im waiting already 2 hours. Thanks for any help. submitted by /u/temp24623767 [link] [comments]...
  10. How long should a reset take?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long should a reset take?: Hey, clueless about anything and everything pc... got a new one and sending the old one to a friend. Trying to reset it. It is currently at a small blue screen saying Preparing to reset. Under that is a circle of rotating lil dots, and a message saying, Preparing to reset...