Windows 10: How long does the 2004 upgrade take using Windows Update?

Discus and support How long does the 2004 upgrade take using Windows Update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A year ago I asked (and answered) the same question for 1903. Having just let Window Update successfully upgrade the same machine I used for those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bree, May 28, 2020.

1. Bree Win User

How long does the 2004 upgrade take using Windows Update?

A year ago I asked (and answered) the same question for 1903. Having just let Window Update successfully upgrade the same machine I used for those tests I can say that the answer remains the same. Times for each step were almost identical - over four hours from start to a working desktop.

How long does the 1903 upgrade take using Windows Update?

My recommendation: unless you really need to see the Feature Update listed in update history, then download the ISO and use that to upgrade.

How long does the 2004 upgrade take using Windows Update? [​IMG]

:)

2. Bree Win User

A year ago I asked (and answered) the same question for 1903. Having just let Window Update successfully upgrade the same machine I used for those tests I can say that the answer remains the same. Times for each step were almost identical - over four hours from start to a working desktop.

How long does the 1903 upgrade take using Windows Update?

My recommendation: unless you really need to see the Feature Update listed in update history, then download the ISO and use that to upgrade.

How long does the 2004 upgrade take using Windows Update? [​IMG]

3. flavallee Win User

Bree:

I updated one of my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit computers via the Windows Update app from Version 1909 Build 18363 to Version 2004 Build 19041.

It went through the "Getting things ready" and "Downloading" and "Installing" and "Working on updates" steps and involved 2 restarts.

The entire update process took 84 minutes.

There are personalized and other settings I need to re-do, and device drivers I need to re-update.

That will add at least another hour to the process.

Frank

flavallee, May 28, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How long does the 2004 upgrade take using Windows Update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. How long does the 2004 upgrade take using Windows Update? - Similar Threads - long does 2004

2. How long does Firmware Update take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does Firmware Update take?: Hi, It's been 1.5 hours since I started to update. How do I know if it is failed or still working? How long does it take?? I read online that it should normally take 30min. Is it possible to know that it is still updating or failed ? How long more should I wait before forcing...
  3. How long does Firmware Update take?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long does Firmware Update take?: Hi, It's been 1.5 hours since I started to update. How do I know if it is failed or still working? How long does it take?? I read online that it should normally take 30min. Is it possible to know that it is still updating or failed ? How long more should I wait before forcing...
  4. How long does a Windows 10 update take?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long does a Windows 10 update take?: Okay so about 4 hours ago my computer needed to make updates, so I clicked restart and update and then I'm at the blue screen where it tells me that, "Working on Updates, Please do not turn off your PC, this might take a while, and your PC will restart several times."I...
  5. How long does it take to update from 1909 to 2004 on an HDD?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long does it take to update from 1909 to 2004 on an HDD?: Hello, I have Windows 10 set to delay feature updates a year so they can work all the kinks out. my current build version is 18363.1556 and I use Windows 10 Pro. Excluding the time it takes to install, what is the downtime (as in the time I can't access my computer whilte its...
  6. How Long Does An Upgrade Take.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Long Does An Upgrade Take.: How long does it usually take for a reboot/upgrade to finish if it's done from the factory? Is it more than a day or so, I am just looking for answers on this so I don't have to go mad from waiting. 177310
  7. 2004 Update taking a long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update taking a long time: Hi all, I'm trying to update to version 2004 on my computer, but it failed the first few times I tried (I was playing games at the time). I'm doing the update now, but it's taken nearly 2 hours and it's still only 87% installing. Is there a reason it's taken so long? Thanks...
  8. How long does the 1903 upgrade take using Windows Update?

How long does the 1903 upgrade take using Windows Update?: Short answer - a very long time. I had reason to take my System One below back to an earlier system image and upgrade it to 1903 again. In fact, the image I restored for this machine was its 1511 image from mid-2016. I then upgraded this to 1809 using an ISO in about two...
  9. How long does the 1903 upgrade take using Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long does the 1903 upgrade take using Windows Update?: Short answer - a very long time. I had reason to take my System One below back to an earlier system image and upgrade it to 1903 again. In fact, the image I restored for this machine was its 1511 image from mid-2016. I then upgraded this to 1809 using an ISO in about two...
  10. How long does "getting updates " take?

How long does "getting updates " take?: My installation is stuck on "Checking for updates 12% !!!!" I think its been like it for while. Will it get past this or has it crashed? I thought the whole point of downloading the ISO file was the updates were done directly from it. What the hell is it doing? Typical...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how long does it take to download and install windows 2004

2. how long does widowns 10 versus 2004 take

3. how long does the new windows 2004 take to download

4. why does windows 2004 take so long to download