Windows 10: how long does word save log files for?

Discus and support how long does word save log files for? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How long does Microsoft word store its log files for? submitted by /u/chopsui101 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chopsui101, Dec 19, 2019.

1. how long does word save log files for?

How long does Microsoft word store its log files for?

submitted by /u/chopsui101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chopsui101, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Dec 19, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    How to properly log files

When you want to record click the log to file checkbox, it will ask for a filename and then log into that file as long as GPU-Z is running

Good idea though that we could save old data and dump it into log when enabled, I'll work on that for a future version

W1zzard, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

how long does word save log files for?

How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"?

It's not actually an option in Word's settings, but you may have disabled it by adding a Title, either for the document or in the document template. Details from the How-To Geek here...

How-To Geek | How to Change the Default File Name Used When Saving Word Documents

Thema:

how long does word save log files for?

1. how long does word save log files for? - Similar Threads - long does word

2. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  3. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  4. Word Document taking long time to Save Content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Document taking long time to Save Content: Hello, From last 1 month when I save any data in the word, it is taking long time and word become not responsive and complete 100% CPU is used by the word application to save the data....
  5. How long does event viewer save/store your bsod log?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How long does event viewer save/store your bsod log?: Lets assume i had bsod 3 months or more ago, but at that time I had not checked the log in event viewer and today i would to check my 3 months ago bsod log. Does event viewer still save/store your old (3 months or more) bsod and how long it will be stored? 141963
  6. Saving files to word instead of wordpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving files to word instead of wordpad: How do I save files in Word format instead of wordpad? I've tried to change the default settings in apps but can't find anything that would change wordpad to word....
  7. File-save as problem in Word 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    File-save as problem in Word 2013: When I try to save a doc in Word 2013, the save field does not have the title of the doc I want to save.It is of some other doc used in the past so I have to enter the name of the doc I am wanting to save.Is there anything I can do to solve this ? 132157
  8. Saving a Word document into a PDF file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Saving a Word document into a PDF file: I am getting the following error when saving to a PDF file in Word. I can open any PDF file I have, but I can't save one. I don't know where to go to solve this. I have reinstalled Adobe and Word....
  9. Cannot save Word Perfect files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot save Word Perfect files: I cannot save WP files. This problem is happening on and off. I thought I was doing something wrong instead the people that are creating the updates are creating this problem. How do I get in touch with the people are creating this nightmare? I depend on WP, and now I...
  10. Word 2016 hangs at saving file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2016 hangs at saving file: Hello guys! I have Windows 10 build 1703 and Office 2016 x64 installed on it. When I try to save or print any Word file it hangs. When I diconnect from Internet - everything is fine. Could you please help me solving the problem? 87751