Windows 10: How long is the free update/reserve available?

Discus and support How long is the free update/reserve available? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For how long is the free update from 8.1 to 10 going to be available? Because I want to install it on my office PCs and laptops but need to make sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lolcocks, Jul 26, 2015.

1. lolcocks Win User

How long is the free update/reserve available?

For how long is the free update from 8.1 to 10 going to be available?
    Because I want to install it on my office PCs and laptops but need to make sure they work properly first.

For how long is the free update available?

:)

lolcocks, Jul 26, 2015
  2. WrayTechs Win User

Windows 10 Reservation Experation

If I reserve Windows 10 but don't upgrade how long will the free upgrade reservation last?

WrayTechs, Jul 26, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 26, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

One year starting this Wednesday.

Cliff S, Jul 26, 2015
Thema:

1. How long is the free update/reserve available? - Similar Threads - long free update

2. How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?: So I have a question. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license that I bought recently for my new computer that I'm hopefully buying next year. I'm planning to install Windows 11 on my new computer. Now I'm wondering if I should activate this license on my current pc that's...
  3. How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?: So I have a question. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license that I bought recently for my new computer that I'm hopefully buying next year. I'm planning to install Windows 11 on my new computer. Now I'm wondering if I should activate this license on my current pc that's...
  4. How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?: Split from this thread.Hello, I am buying a new pc right now when windows 11 came out, I will need to buy a license too, but I'm not sure yet if I want the Windows 11 or 10.Is that okay if I buy windows 10 and update whenever I decide on it or not? How long the update to 11...
  5. How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?: Split from this thread.Hello, I am buying a new pc right now when windows 11 came out, I will need to buy a license too, but I'm not sure yet if I want the Windows 11 or 10.Is that okay if I buy windows 10 and update whenever I decide on it or not? How long the update to 11...
  6. How Long Between Win 10 Reserved and Ready to Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How Long Between Win 10 Reserved and Ready to Update?: I had Win 8.1 home on my laptop and have Win 8.1 pro on a desktop. Both legal copies. Both computers are connected to the Internet. At about the same time yesterday, I "reserved" Win 10 on both computers. Within a couple of hours, the message in the window on the laptop...
  7. Windows 10 Major Updates: How long will it be free?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Major Updates: How long will it be free?: Hi, New to Windows 10, migrated from Windows XP. How long long will the major updates (Anniversary, Creator, Fall Creator, ...) be free? Will Microsoft begin charging for them at some point? Thanks 89134
  8. I reserved a free copy of Windows 10 yesterday, how do long do I wait?

in Windows 10 Support
    I reserved a free copy of Windows 10 yesterday, how do long do I wait?: It says days or weeks , any estimate when Microsoft will give me the free copy of Win 10? 29835
  9. Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade: This morning before going to work(05:45 my time) a Windows icon showed up in my system tray(on my Windows 8.1 desktop). I'm being offered to reserve Windows 10!!!! I just got back from work took a closer look and accepted. Here's a couple of screenshots: Attachment...
  10. Thanks for reserving your free upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Thanks for reserving your free upgrade: Hello, I have a problem in that I have reserved my free windows 10 upgrade, BUT for some reason which I certainly don't I am unable to upgrade, it keeps say that we're validating windows 10 for your pc, we recommend that you update after you get your notification, well I...