How long is the free update/reserve available?

Discus and support How long is the free update/reserve available? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; For how long is the free update from 8.1 to 10 going to be available? Because I want to install it on my office PCs and laptops but need to make sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lolcocks, Jul 27, 2015.

1. lolcocks Win User

For how long is the free update from 8.1 to 10 going to be available?
    Because I want to install it on my office PCs and laptops but need to make sure they work properly first.

For how long is the free update available?

:)

lolcocks, Jul 27, 2015
  2. WrayTechs Win User

Windows 10 Reservation Experation

If I reserve Windows 10 but don't upgrade how long will the free upgrade reservation last?

WrayTechs, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa Win User
    Andre Da Costa, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

One year starting this Wednesday.

Cliff S, Jul 27, 2015
Thema:

How long is the free update/reserve available? - Similar Threads - long free update

1. Windows 10 Long Loading Times - HDD read starts very late!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Long Loading Times - HDD read starts very late!!: Hi there As the title says when booting windows from my main SSD drive, the HDD light only starts flickering about 10/15 minutes from when the windows 10 loading screen with the spinning white dots first appreas. I believe this problem first happened after a BSOD and have...
  2. Stop sleep while downloading or long processing

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop sleep while downloading or long processing: If I have a big download or process to run I go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Put the Computer to sleep > Change '30 minutes' to 'Never' and then change it back once the process has been completed. This seems like an archaic...
  3. Media tagging --Mp3vtag with long file names --alternative here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media tagging --Mp3vtag with long file names --alternative here: Hi there. Mp3vtag is obviously an excellent program for tagging multi media etc but unfortunately it suffers the same problem as other windows programs that make use of file explorer (or class to it) - namely you come up gainst the file / directory / length limitation (260...
  4. Linux subsystem takes a long while to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linux subsystem takes a long while to update: Hi folks not sure if it was because of the GUI things I installed on previous version of Windows but starting the UBUNTU subsystem I get "automatic update of Linux subsystem " and it's been taking longer than my Windows 10 update to 1803. SO I'd re-commend -- uninstall the...
  5. Windows 10 Major Updates: How long will it be free?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Major Updates: How long will it be free?: Hi, New to Windows 10, migrated from Windows XP. How long long will the major updates (Anniversary, Creator, Fall Creator, ...) be free? Will Microsoft begin charging for them at some point? Thanks 89134
  6. BIOS POST on restart too long

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BIOS POST on restart too long: Please review the forums rules about piracy. *Arrow Forum Rules - Windows 10 Help Forums
  7. I reserved a free copy of Windows 10 yesterday, how do long do I wait?

in Windows 10 Support
    I reserved a free copy of Windows 10 yesterday, how do long do I wait?: It says days or weeks , any estimate when Microsoft will give me the free copy of Win 10? 29835