Windows 10: How long is the interval before Windows considers the machine to be Idle and How do I...

Discus and support How long is the interval before Windows considers the machine to be Idle and How do I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How long is the interval before Windows considers the machine to be Idle and How do I modify this interval in Windows 10? Just to be clear, I DO NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Myionyion9, Jan 30, 2019.

1. How long is the interval before Windows considers the machine to be Idle and How do I...

How long is the interval before Windows considers the machine to be Idle and How do I modify this interval in Windows 10?

Just to be clear, I DO NOT need to know how to change power settings or display settings. I am very aware of how to do all of that. What I want to do is change the definition of "idle" for my computer. I want to know how long the machine has to be untouched before idle = true and I want to know how to change the length of that interval.

Again, please do NOT tell me how to change power settings or display settings or anything related to that. I know how to do that. There are similar questions to this one on the forum, but none were answered correctly by the moderators.

Again, I do not need to know how to change power settings, display off settings, hard disk off settings, task manager settings and etc. NONE OF THAT. I strictly am inquiring about the interval and how to increase or decrease the length of the interval of non-activity before idle = true.

:)

Myionyion9, Jan 30, 2019
  2. LarryGZE Win User

Windows crashes while machine is idle

Running Windows build 10586.14 all drivers up to date, no new installs of any software other than Windows updates.

The machine will restart when idle leaving nothing but the sad face emote thing and a We're sorry message.; it isn't there long enough to see if there is even an error message.

This has been going on now for a week and its getting a little frustrating. Virus scans show nothing, I turned off the power management thinking it may have something to do with shutting down the monitor, but that isn't it either.

Any ideas, suggestions?

LarryGZE, Jan 30, 2019
  3. EMBuchak Win User
    Windows 10 black screen "Reboot and Select proper Boot Device..." when machine is idle.

OK - I've successfully gotten to "3. Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Automatic Repair'." This is what happens next:

"Diagnosing"

"Attempting repairs"

then the EFI screen takes me to "Windows Setup" - and therefore loops through the "Diagnosing", "Attempting repairs" steps again.

Do you suggest that I reinstall Windows 10? That seems drastic. Are my personal files in jeopardy if I do that?

I can switch the machine off manually and generally I can boot normally. It's just when the machine is idle that I get the Windows 10 black screen "Reboot and Select proper Boot Device..." from time to time.

EMBuchak, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

How long is the interval before Windows considers the machine to be Idle and How do I...

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

How long is the interval before Windows considers the machine to be Idle and How do I...

1. How long is the interval before Windows considers the machine to be Idle and How do I... - Similar Threads - long interval before

2. How long do blue screen of death do I need to deal with before I rage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long do blue screen of death do I need to deal with before I rage?: Please help me my laptop is playing up!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-do-blue-screen-of-death-do-i-need-to-deal/73b0637b-d0e7-49e7-b32c-ed3e58d49f8b
  3. How long do blue screen of death do I need to deal with before I rage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long do blue screen of death do I need to deal with before I rage?: Please help me my laptop is playing up!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-do-blue-screen-of-death-do-i-need-to-deal/73b0637b-d0e7-49e7-b32c-ed3e58d49f8b
  4. How long do blue screen of death do I need to deal with before I rage?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro: HiAfter certain time of inactivity without keypresses and mouse movements automatically appears sign in / logon screen, so a user needs to enter the password to unlock the system.The default value ion inactivity interval s 10 minutes. It is too short and very inconvenient...
  6. To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro

To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro: HiAfter certain time of inactivity without keypresses and mouse movements automatically appears sign in / logon screen, so a user needs to enter the password to unlock the system.The default value ion inactivity interval s 10 minutes. It is too short and very inconvenient...
  7. To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. How to change how long Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart

in Windows 10 News
    How to change how long Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart: [ATTACH]If you want to change the time interval for which Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart, you need to edit the value […] This article How to change how long Windows waits before closing apps at Shutdown or Restart first appeared on...
  9. How long before Sandboxie is stable in Windows 10????????

How long before Sandboxie is stable in Windows 10????????: Sandboxie is giving REGhives errors in Sandboxie 136020
  10. How long do I have to wait?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long do I have to wait?: We all know that windows 10 updates can take ( in some cases) a considerable length of time to complete. There was a recent update that seemed to breeze through in the normal way - then came the time of configuration - restart - and a further configuration. Screen showed...