Windows 10: How long should a reset take?

Discus and support How long should a reset take? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, clueless about anything and everything pc... got a new one and sending the old one to a friend. Trying to reset it. It is currently at a small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KalashnikovaDebil, May 25, 2020.

1. How long should a reset take?

Hey, clueless about anything and everything pc... got a new one and sending the old one to a friend. Trying to reset it. It is currently at a small blue screen saying

Preparing to reset.

Under that is a circle of rotating lil dots, and a message saying,

Preparing to reset PC. It will restart automatically. 100%

It has been at this screen for, not too long, like 30 ish minutes or maybe a lil more. How long should this be up? I would have figured that at 100% it would have changed to a different screen or done something else... but like I said I'm the opposite of knowledgable about this topic. Thanks for any info!

submitted by /u/KalashnikovaDebil
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KalashnikovaDebil, May 25, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 25, 2020
  3. Atnevon Win User
    Reseting Firefox

ok. I tfound a different way on google.

Type "about:config" in the url bar, and a big long list comes up. I can then reset individual things that way.

Hopefully that will work, but for reference, the safe mode is still confusing me. How do I start the safe mode exactly?

Atnevon, May 25, 2020
  4. How long should a reset take?

'long running script' error

Hi Sandi,

The issue may occur due to setting configuration of your IE11. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest to check this thread:
    Message that website is not responding due to a long running script
    . Look for Don Varnau answer. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 25, 2020
Thema:

How long should a reset take?

1. How long should a reset take? - Similar Threads - long should reset

2. Total reset - how long should it take?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Total reset - how long should it take?: I have elected to do a total clean reset of my laptop opewrating on Windows 10. All seemed to be going well. However the machine seems to have stuck on 'Restarting' for some considerable time/ How long should it take?...
  3. Total reset - how long should it take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Total reset - how long should it take?: I have elected to do a total clean reset of my laptop opewrating on Windows 10. All seemed to be going well. However the machine seems to have stuck on 'Restarting' for some considerable time/ How long should it take?...
  4. Total reset - how long should it take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. how long should a repair-install take?

how long should a repair-install take?: I'm using Win10_2004_English_x64.iso I'm going to select "not right now" for including further updates during the repair, and only do the repair using the ISO my HDD. I'm going to turn off my WIFI during the install so that Windows doesn't try to get anything else. Why?...
  6. How long should reset this pc take to download?

How long should reset this pc take to download?: I'm losing the will to live with Windows 10, have been stuck in a never ending loop of it downloading and failing to install the 2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems every time I switch on laptop, it does this even over a metered...
  7. How long should adding a user take?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How long should adding a user take?: I added a user. Then rebooted my laptop and logged in as the new user. My lsptop has had a black screen for over an hour. I don’t want to shut it down if it is just porting apps over but it seems like it might have encojntered a problem. Doed snyone know what to do about...
  8. How long should the restarting phase of windows reset take?

How long should the restarting phase of windows reset take?: Today I had to completely reinstall windows 10 because idk what I did but I messed something up and needed to reinstall completely. Now it is updating and it says that my pc should restart mamy times so I'm not worried but it is taking a LONG time for this. Its been...
  9. How long should a windows 10 reset take?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How long should a windows 10 reset take?: I have did a remove just my files reset yesterday at 8pm and as of not its 5:07 and it looks like its stuck at 2% im scared to do a hard restart so what should i do...
  10. How long should preparation for upgrade take?

How long should preparation for upgrade take?: I am upgrading from Windows 7 on a brand new computer. It has been in the "Getting your upgrade ready" stage for at least seven hours and, in fact, has been at 99 percent for at least an hour Is this normal? If not, what should I do? 56870

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer stuck on “preparing to reset” reddit