Windows 10: How long should file history take to restore 4.4 gigs of data?

Discus and support How long should file history take to restore 4.4 gigs of data? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just converted from 32 bit windows to 64 bit and I am restoring everything from a 64 gig USB. How long should this take? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/my_toes_are_gone, Apr 20, 2020.

1. How long should file history take to restore 4.4 gigs of data?

Just converted from 32 bit windows to 64 bit and I am restoring everything from a 64 gig USB. How long should this take?

submitted by /u/my_toes_are_gone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/my_toes_are_gone, Apr 20, 2020

2. File History Restore Not Working

My apologies for my not explaining my problem clearly.

File History would always list my external drive. It would not list the File History backup subfolder, "Computer Name", which contained my backup.

I completed the 5 steps you recommended, and in step (4), using Windows Explorer, I opted to change the name to "File History.old" instead of deleting it. Had I deleted it, all my backup files that I want to reload onto drive C would have been gone.

When I look at the external backup drive in Windows Explorer it now shows 4 folders, $RECYCLE.BIN, FileHistory, FileHistory.old and System Volume Information. Bottom line, FileHistory contains only the backed up data currently on Drive C as a result of step
    5, while FileHistory.old contains the data I wish to reload.

Now when I go to Control Panel/File History/Select drive, and select the external backup drive, only the subfolder contained in FileHistory shows up. The subfolder contained in FileHistory.old, which contains the data I wish to restore, is still not listed.
    When I select "Restore personal files" it only shows folders associated with FileHistory.

Thanks for your attention and help, but I am now resigned to copying and pasting the files that I need to restore. I totally yield to the higher power that is Microsoft.

Again thanks,

RP

Robert Pat Vaughn, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Wildcat18 Win User
    4 gig storage card

My Treo Smartphone uses a 2 gig storage card but does not seem to read a 4 gig card. Can this be done?

Wildcat18, Apr 20, 2020
  4. How long should file history take to restore 4.4 gigs of data?

Anyone used a 4 gig SD card on an N73?

I, stupidly, ordered a 4 gig card for the N73 which i'd also just ordered. Just got the N73 and it implies that it doesn't like cards over 2 gig... is that just because nokia don't make bigger cards or are they not compatible (i read that 2 gig is a cut
    off limit for certain memory adressing or something)...

i'm not fussed about not getting the full 4 gig, as long as it works, even at only 2 gig. If not, i'll have to sell the **bleep** thing How long should file history take to restore 4.4 gigs of data? :(

cheers everyone

vectorwarrior, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

How long should file history take to restore 4.4 gigs of data?

1. How long should file history take to restore 4.4 gigs of data? - Similar Threads - long should file

2. temp files taking up 75 gigs of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    temp files taking up 75 gigs of data: so, i was watching youtube, as you do. i got a notification to clear up my files, i thought "strange, i only ever store files on my d: drive" so i click the notification, and BAM! i got 75 gigs of temp files. so i was like "WHAT IN THE NAME OF-" and tried to clean it up by...
  3. temp files taking up 75 gigs of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    temp files taking up 75 gigs of data: so, i was watching youtube, as you do. i got a notification to clear up my files, i thought "strange, i only ever store files on my d: drive" so i click the notification, and BAM! i got 75 gigs of temp files. so i was like "WHAT IN THE NAME OF-" and tried to clean it up by...
  4. temp files taking up 75 gigs of data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how long should systems restore take to initialise HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how long should systems restore take to initialise HELP: HiMy PC got involved in a scam so to play save I created a restore point All seemed well, a window came up telling me Systems Restore is Initialising.It has now been doing this for 4 hours, becoming concernedHow long do they normally take to complete ?Thank youMrsoft...
  6. how long should systems restore take to initialise HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how long should systems restore take to initialise HELP: HiMy PC got involved in a scam so to play save I created a restore point All seemed well, a window came up telling me Systems Restore is Initialising.It has now been doing this for 4 hours, becoming concernedHow long do they normally take to complete ?Thank youMrsoft...
  7. How long does restoring take if it is 4 days earlier ago?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long does restoring take if it is 4 days earlier ago?: I had quite a lot of viruses that somehow got on my pc at 3/14/2021 but it only this day that it appeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-does-restoring-take-if-it-is-4-days/233d5a65-0915-422c-a9aa-31af08abc41a
  8. How long should a preparation for system restore take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long should a preparation for system restore take?: Hi everyone! I'm attempting to restore Windows 10 to an earlier date in an attempt to fix the drivers for my wireless network adapter. However, when I get the winodw telling me "Preparing to restore your system...", it's been there for about twenty minutes. Online, no one's...
  9. How long is it going to take to fix Gears of War 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long is it going to take to fix Gears of War 4: Once again the game does not work. After purchasing for nearly 100 dollars this game has yet to work properly. There is constant tearing and artifacts during networked gameplay. What is the problem? Game keeps crashing on startup. This is a known issue. Quit telling to...
  10. OneDrive snatched 4 gigs of files from my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive snatched 4 gigs of files from my desktop: I never signed up for it and tried to delete it originally and after clicking on "remove this computer" all files disappeared. I found many in my recycle bin so when I tried to restore them I guess they went somewhere because the icon in my system tray said they were...