Windows 10: How long should I stay at the " just a moment " screen?

Discus and support How long should I stay at the " just a moment " screen? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been stuck here for about 30 minutes. I did set up the Win 10 preview on another laptop (this one) and I don't remember it taking so long. In fact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Win Droid, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Win Droid Win User

How long should I stay at the " just a moment " screen?

I've been stuck here for about 30 minutes. I did set up the Win 10 preview on another laptop (this one) and I don't remember it taking so long. In fact I'm using that and Explorer to type this. What should I do next, try to reboot and use the Win ten preview USB to "Repair" the OS before trying to restart it - or just restart it, or just start over?

Thanks.

:)

Win Droid, Jun 20, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jun 20, 2015
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Jun 20, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Less than 3 minutes on modern hardware but depends on how old your computer is.

swarfega, Jun 20, 2015
  5. Win Droid Win User
    Thanks. It sat for about 45 minutes then suddenly rebooted and resumed setting up Windows 10. When it was frozen it was at the first white screen with " just a moment " in blue text. After it resumes setup, it continued again with a " Just a moment "screen but this time a white screen with a larger brown font for " Just a moment ". It seemed to get through this quite quickly and finished the setup up.

Win Droid, Jun 20, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    Glad you got it sorted.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How long should I stay at the " just a moment " screen? - Similar Threads - long should stay

2. “Just a moment...” screen on every startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Just a moment...” screen on every startup: Hi, recently whenever I start my PC I’m met with this “Just a moment...” screen in a square in the middle. This lasts about 3 minutes before it puts me to my desktop. This is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, I have it on an SSD and before this issue it would load in 3-4 seconds....
  3. Just a moment screen after loging in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just a moment screen after loging in: For some reason I cannot access my desktop anymore. Had a system update around noon and since then it uploads a "startselector" in yellow at the top. "try again" at the bottom. When I press try again, it goes to a just a moment page. It seems like the computer works in...
  4. My laptop stuck at the "just a moment" screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop stuck at the "just a moment" screen: I forget my laptop password when I tried to format my laptop Got stuck at the " just a moment" screen and I can't get access for the boot mode to reformat it just keep restarting and view the same screen any help pleese ?...
  5. "Just a Moment" wait screen after sign on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Just a Moment" wait screen after sign on: Even after re-installing win 10 this came back...over and over again with a different hard drive and combination of hard drives. It has been this way for the last 4 days. I have used my backup to re-install the apparently damaged win 10 install but it does the same thing...
  6. Just A Moment Stuck

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Just A Moment Stuck: Hello! I have a problem. I started my PC yesterday and seen that i can not log in my account because i see this picture on my screen. I can’t access my files or my desktop. What i have to do to see my desktop and my files again?[IMG]...
  7. Stuck at Just a moment

Stuck at Just a moment: so i had to reinstall my windows 10 and when i log in, i get the option to set up a pin, but no option to skip and if i press set up a pin, i get stuck at Just a moment and it’s been like this for 20 minutes. I restarted 2 times and i got the same problem....
  8. Just a moment

Just a moment: Wheel spinning - blue screen - "Just a moment" Been happening for sometime now. I suspect it is stuck in a loop, What can I do to avoid screwing things up any worse than they are? This started after I had to do a Reset after trying to upgrade from Windows 10 version 1703...
  9. Windows Boot Screens – What should I see? – How long should they last?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Boot Screens – What should I see? – How long should they last?: When I start my computer, I see the following screens in order: 1. A black screen with a big Dell logo on top and spinning white dots on the bottom 2. A plain black screen 3. A blue screen with spinning white dots and the words "please wait" underneath them 4. A lock...
  10. RDP Hangs on "Just a moment" for a long time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Hangs on "Just a moment" for a long time: Hi there, I am using win 10 Pro - 64 bit, Ver 10586.36 i am using RDP daily to connect to other machines here in my organization (Local LAN). lately i have a strange problem. when trying to connect to other PC - RDP hangs for a long time on this window: [img]...