Windows 10: How long should I wait until the "Next scheduled clean up process” after clearing out...

Discus and support How long should I wait until the "Next scheduled clean up process” after clearing out... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Right now I’m just really frustrated. I contacted Microsoft support about this and they just won’t answer my simple question. I’m trying to start all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Green ZeldaYoshi, Oct 22, 2018.

1. How long should I wait until the "Next scheduled clean up process” after clearing out...

Right now I’m just really frustrated. I contacted Microsoft support about this and they just won’t answer my simple question. I’m trying to start all of my computers fresh completely and reinstall Windows on all of my computers to get my laptop fresh, and reinstall on my desktop after replacing a failing hard drive. I also want to clear out synced settings while doing that. The reason why I want to clear my synced settings is because there’s an issue that I’m assuming is with the sync servers where personalization settings will sync and then will go back to a the old settings at some point. For example I’ll change the desktop background and it will change on both computers but will change back to the old background two days later or so and will sometimes go back the new background. But I’ve reinstalled on my old computers before and it still persist so I’m assuming it’s an issue with the sync settings. I want to use the sync my settings feature but I don’t want to reinstall and then have my settings come back up if they haven’t been cleared off of the server. I know I can just do this afterwards but I want to see if it will still persist when I reinstall Windows after clear my settings from my account. When I went to clear them out online I was told that they might not be cleared out until the “next scheduled clean up process”

When I asked the support representative about this, he told me that they clear out as soon as I removed my device from my Microsoft Account online that the sync settings will clear out as well. But is that really true because I bought my desktop and laptop a couple years ago and removed my old computers from my account on the manage your devices page and then linked my account to the new devices and it still synced them on anyway.

Then he tells me to turn off sync my settings and wouldn’t acknowledge that I’m asking about the “scheduled clean up process”

I didn’t want to have to take this to the Microsoft Community but I just need to know when my sync settings will be cleared. I hope someone can tell me. I appreciate it.

:)

Green ZeldaYoshi, Oct 22, 2018

2. How long should I wait until the “Next scheduled clean up process” after clearing out Windows 10 sync settings from my Microsoft Account

I think that’s what I did to remove them and is when I was told that they might not be removed until the next clean up process. I did go to the link you gave me anyway and ssw that the remove cloud backup option was on the devices page and went there, but
    I didn’t see that option since none of my computers are linked to my account anymore. So by chance have they been cleared out?

Also do you know when the next scheduled clean up process is or how long those processes take effect?

Green ZeldaYoshi, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 25, 2018
  4. How long should I wait until the "Next scheduled clean up process” after clearing out...

Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

How long should I wait until the "Next scheduled clean up process” after clearing out...

1. How long should I wait until the "Next scheduled clean up process” after clearing out... - Similar Threads - long should wait

2. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  3. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  4. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. For how long should we wait for MS to fix this bug!!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For how long should we wait for MS to fix this bug!!?: http://www.surfacetablethelp.com/2020/06/gamepad-joystick-prevents-monitor-from-sleeping-in-windows-10-2004-updates.html The only option for me it to disconnect the joysticks.. But its a pain. also I dont have nvidia gforce experiance. Anyone found a better solution?...
  6. How long should I Keep waiting for windows 10 Resetting?

How long should I Keep waiting for windows 10 Resetting?: I decided to reset my PC because it was running super slow and freezing all the time. I reset it and picked the option to remove all my files It has been at 36% Downloading with 1 white dot frozen in place(The dots aren't spinning anymore) Should I keep waiting Or what do I...
  7. Should I end a task-scheduler task after processing is finished?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I end a task-scheduler task after processing is finished?: Via task scheduler, I start a program that runs some calculations and closes itself when finished. But the task in taskscheduler is still "running" instead of being back to "ready". I have seen that this blocks other tasks from writing to a file created by the first program....
  8. How long should chdsk be waited for?

How long should chdsk be waited for?: I ran chkdsk /r C: because of some issues and it's been stuck for numerous hours at 100% done. I'm just wondering at what point should I just pull the plug and see if anything is fixed/more broken submitted by /u/Grakchawwaa [link] [comments]...
  9. Should i wait???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should i wait???: Version 2004 update. Should i postpone the update after heard so many bugs and issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-wait/aa4bda1d-04d4-43e3-ab55-d5daa2b1f8d5
  10. Automatic Disk Repair? How long should i wait?

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Disk Repair? How long should i wait?: I need some help! My Asus labtop was working perfectly fine yesterday and upon booting it up today it went to a black screen. I had left it like that for 40 minutes with no luck. I had then turned off my labtop by holding down the power button until it turned off. Upon...