Windows 10: How long should it take before I can install a game I bought?

Discus and support How long should it take before I can install a game I bought? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just bought Forza Horizen 4 in the windows store expecting that it would be available directly after I made the purchase. However this isn't the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Mr.Nobody., Aug 22, 2020.

1. How long should it take before I can install a game I bought?

I just bought Forza Horizen 4 in the windows store expecting that it would be available directly after I made the purchase. However this isn't the case. I paid using Ideal via the browser. There was a pop-up that told me that as soon as I was ready with the paiment that I should see the game on my product page see attachment for the pop-up message.

How long should it take before I can install a game I bought? 09477cb6-8a19-494f-95bd-494fc50f4001?upload=true.png

When I was done with the paiment I pressed the button "Let's go get my new things" but instead of bringing me to my game it redirected me to the paiment page asking me to make the payment.

Now it is almost an hour later and the game still hasn't showed up on my owned games page and I haven't got a confirmation email, so I was wondering if something went wrong with the order or if it just needs some time to process it.

regards Ben

:)

Mr.Nobody., Aug 22, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Darkleoco Win User
    OFFICIAL   Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim (Discussion)

First step is to download the official HD texture pack.

Darkleoco, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Jaffakeik Win User

How long should it take before I can install a game I bought?

OFFICIAL   Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim (Discussion)

Finally steam got it 50% off and I bought it, can't wait to install.Any suggestions on my first steps in game,should i install any mods or any other improvements to game?

Jaffakeik, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

How long should it take before I can install a game I bought?

1. How long should it take before I can install a game I bought? - Similar Threads - long should before

2. Total reset - how long should it take?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Total reset - how long should it take?: I have elected to do a total clean reset of my laptop opewrating on Windows 10. All seemed to be going well. However the machine seems to have stuck on 'Restarting' for some considerable time/ How long should it take?...
  3. Total reset - how long should it take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Total reset - how long should it take?: I have elected to do a total clean reset of my laptop opewrating on Windows 10. All seemed to be going well. However the machine seems to have stuck on 'Restarting' for some considerable time/ How long should it take?...
  4. Total reset - how long should it take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. how long should a repair-install take?

how long should a repair-install take?: I'm using Win10_2004_English_x64.iso I'm going to select "not right now" for including further updates during the repair, and only do the repair using the ISO my HDD. I'm going to turn off my WIFI during the install so that Windows doesn't try to get anything else. Why?...
  6. How to install a game that was bought before to a new PC?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to install a game that was bought before to a new PC?: I have purchased a new PC. The problem is that I want to install a game that I bought via Microsoft Store last year. When I go to the store it wants me to purchase it again....
  7. How long should adding a user take?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How long should adding a user take?: I added a user. Then rebooted my laptop and logged in as the new user. My lsptop has had a black screen for over an hour. I don’t want to shut it down if it is just porting apps over but it seems like it might have encojntered a problem. Doed snyone know what to do about...
  8. How long should a reset take?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long should a reset take?: Hey, clueless about anything and everything pc... got a new one and sending the old one to a friend. Trying to reset it. It is currently at a small blue screen saying Preparing to reset. Under that is a circle of rotating lil dots, and a message saying, Preparing to reset...
  9. 1903 d/l and install-- how long should it take

1903 d/l and install-- how long should it take: I have a new Acer laptop. It is fast and has a SSD drive. I recently had it updated to 1809. It now says 1903 is ready to be d/l and installed. Of course, I read the forums and read about all the issues. What should I expect? How long should it take? Am I just better off...
  10. How long should preparation for upgrade take?

How long should preparation for upgrade take?: I am upgrading from Windows 7 on a brand new computer. It has been in the "Getting your upgrade ready" stage for at least seven hours and, in fact, has been at 99 percent for at least an hour Is this normal? If not, what should I do? 56870