Windows 10: How long should it take for windows photo editor to encode and export my video.

Discus and support How long should it take for windows photo editor to encode and export my video. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have a 4 minutes and 56 seconds video that im trying to save to my computer so I can upload it to youtube. However, it seems to be taking an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TL27Rex, Feb 14, 2020.

1. TL27Rex Win User

How long should it take for windows photo editor to encode and export my video.

So I have a 4 minutes and 56 seconds video that im trying to save to my computer so I can upload it to youtube. However, it seems to be taking an unreasonable amount of time, and im not seeing anything on the progress bar. All the video is is a compilation of roughly 10 second clips with no editing, effects, etc. I have a fairly powerful system with 16GB of ram, a six core ryzen 5 2600 processor and a Radeon RX5700XT with 8gb of gddr6 memory.

:)

TL27Rex, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Movie Editor in the photos app keeps uploading a pink/purple video instead of the actual video

Hi Emma Epps,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Is this issue occurring with all the video app, or with the particular video file?
    2. What is the Graphic Card that you have installed on your PC?
    3. What is the make and model of the system?
    4. What is the version of Windows 10 you are using? You can refer this article to
      Check for operating system information in Windows 10.

It seems likely this pink artifacts on export issue is caused by display driver compatibility issues. However, I suggest you to follow the below method and check if that helps.

Method 1: Turn off hardware-accelerated video encoding in Settings

1. Open photo app and select settings
    2. At the bottom you will find your app version number in the About this app section
    3. If you are running version 2018.180710.00 or greater
      there will also be a Video section with a toggle on this page
    4. You should try turning off this toggle, which will disable hardware-accelerated video encoding, then exporting your video.

I also suggest you to refer this Thread
    Windows photo app - Export/Share function problem
    , from Sarah S (Microsoft)
    Replied on July 14, 2018.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Feb 14, 2020
  3. VV Rao Win User
    Windows 10 crashing and rebooting while exporting a video in Windows Photos Video Editor

Windows 10 crashing and rebooting while exporting a video in Windows Photos Video Editor

Hi all,

I have a Lenovo Laptop Thinkpad Edge with 1st GEN i3 processor with 8 GB RAM.

While in Windows Photos Video Editor, using the "Export or Share" option, I was trying to export a video.

After a few seconds, after about 5% of the task, the system suddenly crashes and reboots.

The task in not completed. There is no video saved anywhere.

How to stop the computer from crashing?

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

VV Rao, Feb 14, 2020
  4. How long should it take for windows photo editor to encode and export my video.

Windows 10 Photo video editor / file export issues

Hi CRAIGMCLAY,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor here to help you.

I suggest you to try with resetting Video Editor:

1. Press WINDOWS + I

2. Click on "App"

3. Digit "Video Editor" in the search bar on the right

4. Click on "Video Editor"

5. Click on "Advanced Option"

6. Scroll down to "Reset"

7. Click on "Reset"

Then retry creating the video and export It.

Please let me know if that solves your issue.

StefanoTamiotti, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

How long should it take for windows photo editor to encode and export my video.

1. How long should it take for windows photo editor to encode and export my video. - Similar Threads - long should photo

2. Microsoft Photos Video Editor exporting choppy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Photos Video Editor exporting choppy: I have had the largest trouble with this, I made a home movie on my surface pro 6 and it allows me to edit the movie, export it, and play it but when I rewatch the video that was newly edited, it is choppy and laggy as if I am still editing it within the photos app. Instead...
  3. Exporting or saving a created video on video editor.

Exporting or saving a created video on video editor.: I have created a video on video editor, which was great and easy. But now I cannot seem to get the promised shareable link by exporting it. Nothing happens, in fact it seems to semi-crash my computer by shutting all windows and taking me back to the desktop. It also is not...
  4. windows photos not exporting video

windows photos not exporting video: Hi there It's exactly as it says. I made a video and it won't let me export. I've reset the app, the laptop, I've done everything except uninstall and reinstall (which I don't wanna do as I don't wanna redo it) Any help will be appreciated Thanks...
  5. Windows Video Editor Can't Export

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Video Editor Can't Export: Hello, I'm trying to export a 4 minute video with audio made in the windows 10 video editor. Whenever I try to export it, I get the message "Something happened and we couldn't export your video. Please restart the photos app and try again. Here's the error code in case you...
  6. photos video editor

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    photos video editor: Hello My subject is not listed. There is no subject for Windows 10 Apps I guess. I guess everything is perfect with all apps for everyone. I used WINDOW PHOTOS, VIDEO EDITOR a month ago. I was able to crop and add text and save to my computer. I cannot do that now. I am...
  7. Windows 10 crashing and rebooting while exporting a video in Windows Photos Video Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 crashing and rebooting while exporting a video in Windows Photos Video Editor: Windows 10 crashing and rebooting while exporting a video in Windows Photos Video Editor Hi all, I have a Lenovo Laptop Thinkpad Edge with 1st GEN i3 processor with 8 GB RAM. While in Windows Photos Video Editor, using the "Export or Share" option, I was trying to...
  8. Windows 10 Photo video editor / file export issues

Windows 10 Photo video editor / file export issues: Hello I have created a 8min 37sec movie of a Holiday. Its a combination of photos and trimmed video clips with a soundtrack as well. When I attempt to export the completed file I only get 1min 29 secs exported. I have tried all 3 file size export choices. Any help would...
  9. photos video export

photos video export: Where does MS photos for Win 10 export a video to? I can't find a created video anywhere on my computer or in OneDrive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-video-export/6214cea3-c489-49bf-98ad-1aa5a367a031
  10. How long should preparation for upgrade take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long should preparation for upgrade take?: I am upgrading from Windows 7 on a brand new computer. It has been in the "Getting your upgrade ready" stage for at least seven hours and, in fact, has been at 99 percent for at least an hour Is this normal? If not, what should I do? 56870