Windows 10: How long should "Restoring your previous version of Windows" take?

Discus and support How long should "Restoring your previous version of Windows" take? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I decided to downgrade from Windows 10 1903 to Windows 10 1809, so far its been 45 mins. How long should it take?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 123456786, Jul 23, 2020.

1. 123456786 Win User

How long should "Restoring your previous version of Windows" take?

I decided to downgrade from Windows 10 1903 to Windows 10 1809, so far its been 45 mins. How long should it take?

:)

123456786, Jul 23, 2020

2. Restoring to previous version of your windows

Windows 10 Fall Update (build 1511) showed up on my Windows 10 Pro laptap. It went through all the steps including the final "speed-o-meter". When it reached 100%, the "speed-o-meter" disappeared and up popped the start screen displaying the message "restoring
    to previous version of your window". I did a command line "winver" and indeed, it reverted back to my previous version. Any suggestion? No error messages displayed.

WarpedNeck, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Smittychat., Aug 3, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Windows 10 "restoring your previous version of windows" PLZ HELP!

Hello Jake,

One possible reason why your system couldn't finish restoring your previous version of Windows may be due to a corrupted recovery file. We suggest that you check this
    link and refer to the answer of
    Linney as it discusses steps to resolve a similar issue.

Should you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to post back.

John Vil, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. How long should "Restoring your previous version of Windows" take? - Similar Threads - long should Restoring

2. Restoring your previous version of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring your previous version of windows: I have been facing a issue " Restoring your previous version of windows " after few minutes of loading it shows "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We will restart for you" it occurred after I tried to rollback from windows 11 to 10 the laptop shutdown while...
  3. Restoring your previous version of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring your previous version of windows: I have been facing a issue " Restoring your previous version of windows " after few minutes of loading it shows "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We will restart for you" it occurred after I tried to rollback from windows 11 to 10 the laptop shutdown while...
  4. Restoring your previous version of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how long should systems restore take to initialise HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how long should systems restore take to initialise HELP: HiMy PC got involved in a scam so to play save I created a restore point All seemed well, a window came up telling me Systems Restore is Initialising.It has now been doing this for 4 hours, becoming concernedHow long do they normally take to complete ?Thank youMrsoft...
  6. how long should systems restore take to initialise HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how long should systems restore take to initialise HELP: HiMy PC got involved in a scam so to play save I created a restore point All seemed well, a window came up telling me Systems Restore is Initialising.It has now been doing this for 4 hours, becoming concernedHow long do they normally take to complete ?Thank youMrsoft...
  7. Restoring your previous version of windows

Restoring your previous version of windows: Hi, I am using windows Tablet with 32-bit system and 16Gb hard disk. After an update, it is stuck in restart loop with message "restoring your previous version of windows". I tried reinstalling windows with bootable USB but when i try to get into BIOS/UEFI during startup by...
  8. How long should a preparation for system restore take?

How long should a preparation for system restore take?: Hi everyone! I'm attempting to restore Windows 10 to an earlier date in an attempt to fix the drivers for my wireless network adapter. However, when I get the winodw telling me "Preparing to restore your system...", it's been there for about twenty minutes. Online, no one's...
  9. Restoring your Previous Version of Windows

Restoring your Previous Version of Windows: Hey, Iam currently facing a problem with my ASUS Laptop (Windows 10). I was updating it and it was almost done it was at a blue screen saying 84% it may restart or something like that. Then all of a sudden it turned off and I saw Restoring Previous Version of Windows. I hope...
  10. Restoring your previous version of Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restoring your previous version of Windows: After doing about 10 failed install attempts and waiting about 2 months I tried the AU again today. It failed again and put back my Version 1511 Build 10586.633 system OK. Rather than take the 7 minutes required to restore the Macrium Reflect boot disk image I made before I...