Windows 10: How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?

Discus and support How long the update to 11 will it be available for free? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Split from this thread.Hello, I am buying a new pc right now when windows 11 came out, I will need to buy a license too, but I'm not sure yet if I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexVolta, Oct 13, 2021.

1. AlexVolta Win User

How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?

Split from this thread.Hello, I am buying a new pc right now when windows 11 came out, I will need to buy a license too, but I'm not sure yet if I want the Windows 11 or 10.Is that okay if I buy windows 10 and update whenever I decide on it or not? How long the update to 11 will it be available for free? Also how do I know of my future pc will be compatible with Windows 11?

:)

AlexVolta, Oct 13, 2021
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Oct 13, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

1. How long the update to 11 will it be available for free? - Similar Threads - long update available

2. How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?: So I have a question. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license that I bought recently for my new computer that I'm hopefully buying next year. I'm planning to install Windows 11 on my new computer. Now I'm wondering if I should activate this license on my current pc that's...
  3. How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?: So I have a question. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license that I bought recently for my new computer that I'm hopefully buying next year. I'm planning to install Windows 11 on my new computer. Now I'm wondering if I should activate this license on my current pc that's...
  4. free windows 11 update no longer is available to me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free windows 11 update no longer is available to me.: I just recently bought a new used computer. after i got it home i got a notice to get a free windows 11 update. however i had to decline because i needed to reset the computer. after i reset it i no longer see the ability to be able to get a free windows 11 update. I...
  5. free windows 11 update no longer is available to me.

free windows 11 update no longer is available to me.: I just recently bought a new used computer. after i got it home i got a notice to get a free windows 11 update. however i had to decline because i needed to reset the computer. after i reset it i no longer see the ability to be able to get a free windows 11 update. I...
  6. How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?: I'm just curious what the free upgrade timeline will be? When I upgrade to Windows 10, there was only a certain amount of time you could do so?...
  7. How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?

How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?: I'm just curious what the free upgrade timeline will be? When I upgrade to Windows 10, there was only a certain amount of time you could do so?...
  8. How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?

How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?: Split from this thread.Hello, I am buying a new pc right now when windows 11 came out, I will need to buy a license too, but I'm not sure yet if I want the Windows 11 or 10.Is that okay if I buy windows 10 and update whenever I decide on it or not? How long the update to 11...
  9. Windows 10 Major Updates: How long will it be free?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Major Updates: How long will it be free?: Hi, New to Windows 10, migrated from Windows XP. How long long will the major updates (Anniversary, Creator, Fall Creator, ...) be free? Will Microsoft begin charging for them at some point? Thanks 89134
  10. How long is the free update/reserve available?

in Windows 10 Support
    How long is the free update/reserve available?: For how long is the free update from 8.1 to 10 going to be available? Because I want to install it on my office PCs and laptops but need to make sure they work properly first. For how long is the free update available? 9094