Windows 10: How Long to do System Restore

Discus and support How Long to do System Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro v1803 My system currently has 4 restore points totaling about 23GB. I recently successfully did a system restore. At first I didn't think it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by larrymcg, May 30, 2019.

1. larrymcg Win User

How Long to do System Restore

Win 10 Pro v1803 My system currently has 4 restore points totaling about 23GB. I recently successfully did a system restore. At first I didn't think it was going to work because it sat there in the "Initializing..." condition for 45 minutes before I gave up watching and went to bed. The next morning my system, amazingly enough, was sitting there being happy. The system restore had worked!

Over many years, going back to at least Windows Me, I have done many system restores, most of which have succeeded, and none of which took such a long time to get going.

I'm wondering how long a system restore should take?

-- Larry

:)

larrymcg, May 30, 2019

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, May 30, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, May 30, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. How Long to do System Restore - Similar Threads - Long System Restore

2. How long does the average system restore take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long does the average system restore take?: I think I have a corrupted profile. I just now found out that I have a system restore point that was before the power outage occurred during a Windows Defender scan. So, I'm hoping doing a system restore will fix this.Does anyone know for a fact that it will? Or does it at...
  3. How long does the average system restore take?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long does the average system restore take?: I think I have a corrupted profile. I just now found out that I have a system restore point that was before the power outage occurred during a Windows Defender scan. So, I'm hoping doing a system restore will fix this.Does anyone know for a fact that it will? Or does it at...
  4. How long should system restore be?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long should system restore be?: I’m on my laptop and I’ve tried restoring it to a restore point. From what I’ve read it should take 20-45 minutes but my one has taken an hour and still hasn’t finished and if this isn’t supposed to happen how do I fix it....
  5. How long should system restore be?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long should system restore be?: I’m on my laptop and I’ve tried restoring it to a restore point. From what I’ve read it should take 20-45 minutes but my one has taken an hour and still hasn’t finished and if this isn’t supposed to happen how do I fix it....
  6. How long should system restore be?

7. How long does a system restore take?

How long does a system restore take?: How long does it take to restore Windows 10. I spent a good portion of the day trying to restore my wife's PC because ya'll insisted on giving her Edge with you latest update and destroyed all her favorites. So far I'm on my third try and haven't been successful yet. Ran...
  8. System Restore - How long is too long for the ‘system restore is initializing’ screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore - How long is too long for the ‘system restore is initializing’ screen: My PC has been on this screen for about 30 minutes. Is that normal? submitted by /u/osowavy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0pmnd/system_restore_how_long_is_too_long_for_the/
  9. How Long to do System Restore

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How Long to do System Restore: Win 10 Pro v1803 My system currently has 4 restore points totaling about 23GB. I recently successfully did a system restore. At first I didn't think it was going to work because it sat there in the "Initializing..." condition for 45 minutes before I gave up watching and went...
  10. How long to restore

How long to restore: How long should it take to restore my laptop? I just bought it and screwed it up and I was advised to restore and start over. It’s been sitting on the Sam screen for an hour now....