Windows 10: How long to upgrade from 7 to 10 with OEM CD

Discus and support How long to upgrade from 7 to 10 with OEM CD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm an IT professional. My sis bought win10 at Best Buy. I understand the preferred install would be a reformat - and we may wind up having to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jack08520, Oct 8, 2018.

1. jack08520 Win User

How long to upgrade from 7 to 10 with OEM CD

I'm an IT professional. My sis bought win10 at Best Buy. I understand the preferred install would be a reformat - and we may wind up having to do that later - but to hopefully solve some other problems she's been having I want to try an in-place upgrade. With OEM CD in-hand - how long does an upgrade take? This is on a "compact form-factor" HP desktop that's probably 5y old. O365 has already been downloaded. I have about 1.5h available and I'm concerned that I'll run out of time. Also this computer has wifi-only connectivity - so it it launches into online upgrades as part of the initial upgrade that will slow me down. If I can upgrade - verify that email and printing work - then get updates later that would be useful to know...

:)

jack08520, Oct 8, 2018

2. Lost activation privilage upgrading from 7 premium to 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How did you perform Windows 10 upgrade?
    I suggest you to go to the recovery partition and check if it is there or not, since the Windows 7 was preinstalled I suggest you to contact the OEM and get back to Windows 7 and then later you can upgrade to Windows 10.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 8, 2018
  3. swarfega Win User
    preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How long to upgrade from 7 to 10 with OEM CD - Similar Threads - long upgrade OEM

2. How to upgrade from 7 to 10 or 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade from 7 to 10 or 11: Im trying to upgrade from my 7 to 10 or 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-from-7-to-10-or-11/e12b9c0a-c890-45d5-a2c1-996fa18dbda9
  3. How to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10?: Hello CommunityI've received my product code via email to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 but cannot find out how to initiate the upgrade. The email didn't contain any links. Help much appreciated!Thanks, Berit...
  4. Unable to upgrade from oem 7, clean, with 8 oem upgrade to 10 and product key is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade from oem 7, clean, with 8 oem upgrade to 10 and product key is invalid: So my pc came preloaded with windows 7, and included an upgrade disk to 8 professional. Around 1/1/22 I started having data corruption issues which after numerous and reapeated attempts at saving the data via copying to another drive\vhd\vhdk\dd etc etc, the drive was finally...
  5. Unable to upgrade from oem 7, clean, with 8 oem upgrade to 10 and product key is invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to upgrade from oem 7, clean, with 8 oem upgrade to 10 and product key is invalid: So my pc came preloaded with windows 7, and included an upgrade disk to 8 professional. Around 1/1/22 I started having data corruption issues which after numerous and reapeated attempts at saving the data via copying to another drive\vhd\vhdk\dd etc etc, the drive was finally...
  6. Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10 Free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10 Free Upgrade: Yes I'm finally considering doing it. I've been hesitant because I have everything exactly how I want it and I know upgrading will change things around a bit (drivers/apps/game versions, etc). Can anyone thoroughly explain how to do this with a Windows 7 OEM key? I've jumped...
  7. Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10

Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10: So I originally had a Windows 7 OEM, but the motherboard it was tied to short circuited and had to be replaced, so now it’s technically not genuine cause of being on a different motherboard. I was gonna upgrade my pc, including the motherboard and was wondering if I could...
  8. How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free from Windows 7 Ultimate OEM key

How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free from Windows 7 Ultimate OEM key: I want to do a clean install on a new drive. I used the Media Creation Tool to create an installation USB. Would entering my W7 OEM key during the install work? submitted by /u/owta999 [link] [comments]...
  9. HOW TO UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 7 TO 10

HOW TO UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 7 TO 10: How do I upgrade my WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10/85122734-dc81-420d-902c-8fb895a9f451
  10. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 OEM

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 OEM: I have Lenovo x230 with genuine Windows 7. Can I freely upgrade to windows 10? I downloaded windows media creation tool and did direct upgrade to windows 10. My laptop is upgraded to Win 10 but it is not getting activated. Found the following activation issue -...