Windows 10: How long until Windows.old is deleted?

Discus and support How long until Windows.old is deleted? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot find a firm answer but how long is until windows 10 automatically deletes/cleans up windows.old? I know one can run disk clean up but I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Oct 10, 2018.

1. How long until Windows.old is deleted?

I cannot find a firm answer but how long is until windows 10 automatically deletes/cleans up windows.old? I know one can run disk clean up but I was curious to know. I thought it was 7 days but 1809 was installed just over a week ago. I’ve left my machine idle for an hour but it’s still there. Maybe it’s 10 days?

thanks

:)

Scottyboy99, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Ruz San Win User

Delete old version of windows

Hi Erle,

Some running files or services may be preventing you from deleting the old version of Windows on your computer, or there may be a conflict regarding permissions. We'd like to know some things to get a better picture of the problem and help you resolve it.
    Please answer the following:

• Are you trying to delete the Windows.old folder?
    • What error do you get when deleting the file?
    • Did you find the Previous Windows installation(s) file when you ran Disk Cleanup?
    • How long has it been since you upgraded the computer to Windows 10?

You can try the suggestions shared by SpiritX MS MVP on this
    page
    to permanently delete the folder of your previous operating system.

Let us know if any of the steps work for you.

We'll be glad to offer additional assistance if needed.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 10, 2018
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 10, 2018
  4. How long until Windows.old is deleted?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

How long until Windows.old is deleted?

1. How long until Windows.old is deleted? - Similar Threads - long until old

2. How long will Microsoft support windows 10 and until how long I'll be able to upgrade...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long will Microsoft support windows 10 and until how long I'll be able to upgrade...: Hi, How long will Microsoft support windows 10 and until how long I'll be able to upgrade windows 11 from windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-will-microsoft-support-windows-10-and/c62dfb37-4da6-4734-a38e-90388a210e72
  3. How long will Microsoft support windows 10 and until how long I'll be able to upgrade...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long will Microsoft support windows 10 and until how long I'll be able to upgrade...: Hi, How long will Microsoft support windows 10 and until how long I'll be able to upgrade windows 11 from windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-will-microsoft-support-windows-10-and/c62dfb37-4da6-4734-a38e-90388a210e72
  4. How to delete old email

How to delete old email: Hello, I am trying to delete old email, but still been able to check them before deletion. email - Hotmail I have 70856 in my Inbox and growing there must be a way to delete themPlease advise me how to do it Thank you...
  5. How to delete old email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete old email: Hello, I am trying to delete old email, but still been able to check them before deletion. email - Hotmail I have 70856 in my Inbox and growing there must be a way to delete themPlease advise me how to do it Thank you...
  6. How to delete old email

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to set how long until screen locks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to set how long until screen locks: How to set how long until screen locks, and especially how to make it ask for the password once it locks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-how-long-until-screen-locks/1a1ce9ab-4739-48f4-8292-c4de376a7cf7
  8. How long until 20H2 auto-installs itself ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long until 20H2 auto-installs itself ?: So just wanted to know this because i literally have no idea and for me i think 2004 automatically forced installed if i remember right. If i am on 2004 right now how long it will be until 20H2 will force install itself on my PC just like 2004 did last year ? I mean how...
  9. How long until Windows.old is deleted?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How long until Windows.old is deleted?: I cannot find a firm answer but how long is until windows 10 automatically deletes/cleans up windows.old? I know one can run disk clean up but I was curious to know. I thought it was 7 days but 1809 was installed just over a week ago. I’ve left my machine idle for an hour but...
  10. How long until Cortina will be able to preform actual tasks?

How long until Cortina will be able to preform actual tasks?: So, I have The feature now, I changed my region to US, and there she was... so pretty! Anyway, I'm south Australian so I downloaded the speech package and all is well. She pretty much understands all that I say, albeit, she doesn't hang around long to finish hearing me out...