Windows 10: How long will the language hotkey bug take to get fixed?

Discus and support How long will the language hotkey bug take to get fixed? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As you are well aware, the hotkeys which allow a user to change languages by pressing CTRL and a number keep disabling themselves out of the blue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David Young, Apr 12, 2020.

1. How long will the language hotkey bug take to get fixed?

As you are well aware, the hotkeys which allow a user to change languages by pressing CTRL and a number keep disabling themselves out of the blue. This has nothing to do with additional programs, drivers, updates or other third-party matters. It is quite simply a bug in Windows 10 which seems not to have existed in previous versions such as Windows XP or Windows 7.

Here is just one example of the matter being reported six years ago:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...disabled/37efb3df-4204-40ce-8c64-08dd5ac4fe3d

Six years is a long time to wait for something which should have been working in the first place when Windows 10 was released. How much longer are users going to have to wait for you to fix it?

:)

David Young, Apr 12, 2020
  2. KonstAndr Win User

language hotkeys problem

Thank you for your answer.

I just would like to add that sometimes the hotkeys are reset when I switch the language in Skype using hotkeys, sometimes not but Skype all the time starts hanging and it's necessary to restart it.

Hope Microsoft will fix this bug some day cause it's really annoying.

KonstAndr, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Unable to remove a Language for the keyboard or the hotkey

Hi,

Windows has the capability to use different language packages to fit the needs of the customer. Not being able to remove a language pack could be due to data files that got corrupted. To resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start to occur?
    • Were there any changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

Also, you can follow the steps below to disable the hotkey in switching in between different languages installed on your device:

• Click "Clock, Language, and Region" from the control panel.
    • Click "Language"
    • Click "Advanced settings" in the left column. ...
    • Under "Switching input methods", click "Change language bar hot keys"
    • Select "Between input languages" and click "Change Key Sequence"
    • Disable/change the keyboard shortcut as you'd like.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Apr 12, 2020
  4. How long will the language hotkey bug take to get fixed?

The function "Change language bar hot keys " has a bug.

Hi Chen,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Were the hotkeys settings on your Windows 10 computer ever worked before?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you reconfigure your hotkeys settings by setting your key sequence to Not Assigned. To do this refer to the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Advanced Settings.
    • Under Switching input methods, select Change language bar hot keys.
    • Select Between input languages, and then click Change Key Sequence.
    • Set Switch Keyboard Layout to Not Assigned.
    • Restart your computer.
    Once you're done with the process, you may then proceed to reconfigure your language bar hot keys to your desired settings. You may follow the steps above and select your preferred keyboard layout.

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Monica Cam, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

How long will the language hotkey bug take to get fixed?

1. How long will the language hotkey bug take to get fixed? - Similar Threads - long language hotkey

2. IDIOTS~!!! HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO FIX IT??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IDIOTS~!!! HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO FIX IT??: ANY BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES I CONNECT ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISCONNECTING!!! ALL OF THE SETTINGS ARE FINE1!!! IT'S YOU, YOU DUMB S11ITS, WHO CANNOT IMPLEMENT ONE.STUPIDEASY.FUNCTION!!!!!!!!The only solution I found to connect them manually !!!!!!EVERY TIME!!!!!BUT NO, YOU HAD TO...
  3. annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language: Hello everyone, I am encountering a serious bug when I set my hotkey for input language. I am currently using three default language keyboard "Microsoft Pinyin", "English-US", and "Japanese- Microsoft IME", and I set key sequence for switching to those three languages to...
  4. annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language: Hello everyone, I am encountering a serious bug when I set my hotkey for input language. I am currently using three default language keyboard "Microsoft Pinyin", "English-US", and "Japanese- Microsoft IME", and I set key sequence for switching to those three languages to...
  5. annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. HotKey Bug

HotKey Bug: Version: Windows 10 pro 20H2OS build:19042.985DualMonitor HotKey : Win+P Case: When it is at "Only second monitor" mode ,pressing "Win+P" switch to "extend" mode. Won't work properly. I have to switch on "Only Main monitor" first to fix this problem. Sry for my bad Eng....
  7. How to Disable Language changing hotkey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable Language changing hotkey: hello, idk if this problem is common but i didnt have this problem when i was using windows 10 home edition, i changed my windows to win10 pro and now when ever i play games, *competitive games mostly* i have this problem where it prompts me to change language CTRL + SHIFT +...
  8. How long will it take?

How long will it take?: Hi! So a couple of days ago my HP Laptop wouldn’t load up. I did a reboot and now I’m stuck with the this, it says “Fixing C: Stage 2: 85% 557640 of 652758; Total: 66%; ETA: 13:15:44. Now, I am wondering how many Stages are there? Its been two days already and its almost done...
  9. how to change hotkey for language swapping?

how to change hotkey for language swapping?: so I use " ` " as a hotkey for changing between 2 languages for a long time and my new laptop has a difference hotkey for changing("win+space") i'm very annoyed by having to press 2 keys at once so can anyone tell me how I can change the language changing hotkey?...
  10. How long does "getting updates " take?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long does "getting updates " take?: My installation is stuck on "Checking for updates 12% !!!!" I think its been like it for while. Will it get past this or has it crashed? I thought the whole point of downloading the ISO file was the updates were done directly from it. What the hell is it doing? Typical...