Windows 10: How long would a backup and restore process take?

Discus and support How long would a backup and restore process take? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have had so many problems with my current laptop and i simply do not have the luxury of buying a new one. In fact im trying to save up for a PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Octavio S., Jun 14, 2021.

1. How long would a backup and restore process take?

So I have had so many problems with my current laptop and i simply do not have the luxury of buying a new one. In fact im trying to save up for a PC. Now I want to do a factory reset, but I dont know how long will it take to back up the essentials, meaning not loose my media, and then reset it, followed by restoring what I need? To know what Ive dealt with, 1st and foremost, the current update wont finish, costing me over an hour of update, then undoing changes, before it comes back on. I've tried many things to fix it. Another is the computer runs slow than before, some things I cant even run

:)

Octavio S., Jun 14, 2021
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Don't have any function for backup

Hi Iris,

Let's work together on this. We suggest that you follow the following steps to apply the backup to your Windows Phone:

• Sign into the same Microsoft Account used for the backup creation.
    • When prompted to use a backup to restore the handset, select the desired backup and hit ‘next’ to continue with the process.
    • The backup will then download (duration will vary depending on speed of connection and size of backup), you can then enter passwords for restored accounts there and then or configure restored email and social accounts later.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Jun 14, 2021
  4. How long would a backup and restore process take?

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

How long would a backup and restore process take?

1. How long would a backup and restore process take? - Similar Threads - long backup restore

2. How long does the average system restore take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long does the average system restore take?: I think I have a corrupted profile. I just now found out that I have a system restore point that was before the power outage occurred during a Windows Defender scan. So, I'm hoping doing a system restore will fix this.Does anyone know for a fact that it will? Or does it at...
  3. How long does the average system restore take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does the average system restore take?: I think I have a corrupted profile. I just now found out that I have a system restore point that was before the power outage occurred during a Windows Defender scan. So, I'm hoping doing a system restore will fix this.Does anyone know for a fact that it will? Or does it at...
  4. How long does the average system restore take?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How long does a system restore take?

How long does a system restore take?: How long does it take to restore Windows 10. I spent a good portion of the day trying to restore my wife's PC because ya'll insisted on giving her Edge with you latest update and destroyed all her favorites. So far I'm on my third try and haven't been successful yet. Ran...
  6. Restoration Point Taking Long

Restoration Point Taking Long: I have an MSI GS63 Stealth Model and I'm trying to restore Windows 10 to a previous restoration point on June 14th. The machine already restart, ask for my password but it's been 24hrs since that and it still doesn't finish!! The machine keeps giving me those messages that...
  7. How long is my restore point taking?

How long is my restore point taking?: I had to do a restore point on my pc and now it has to undo almost 400 gb of games&folders. It has been already an hour since and it's 5 A.M. How long do i have to wait? I have a pretty powerful pc if that helps with anything ....
  8. System Restore taking too long..

System Restore taking too long..: Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention. I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point3 hours agoand used it to...
  9. How long should a preparation for system restore take?

How long should a preparation for system restore take?: Hi everyone! I'm attempting to restore Windows 10 to an earlier date in an attempt to fix the drivers for my wireless network adapter. However, when I get the winodw telling me "Preparing to restore your system...", it's been there for about twenty minutes. Online, no one's...
  10. System Restore taking a long time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore taking a long time: I am trying to use system restore but the screen has said that it is restoring the system for a very long time. My old windows XP computer seemed to do it very quickly. Do I just wait ? Would turning the computer off cause problems ? 65203