Windows 10: How make last window open not go to bottom of inactive windows

Discus and support How make last window open not go to bottom of inactive windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I make windows 10 not push last window open not go to bottom of inactive windows? I have an application that it's icon is in a folder on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by te7, Mar 14, 2017.

1. TE7
    te7 Win User

How make last window open not go to bottom of inactive windows

How do I make windows 10 not push last window open not go to bottom of inactive windows?

I have an application that it's icon is in a folder on the desktop. If I open the folder and open the application it stays on top. Then if I choose an option in the application that opens a result file in Notepad, the application main window is now hidden beneath the File Explorer window, which means I then have to click the application icon again to see it.

It seems that it used to didn't be this way on my system. Seems like I could choose the option in the application (which opens the results in Notepad), then just close Notepad, and I would then see my application as the active window on top.

Thanks for any replies.

:)

2. How make last window open not go to bottom of inactive windows

How do I make windows 10 not push last window open not go to bottom of inactive windows?

I have an application that it's icon is in a folder on the desktop. If I open the folder and open the application it stays on top. Then if I choose an option in the application that opens a result file in
    Notepad, the application main window is now hidden beneath the File Explorer window, which means I then have to click the application icon again to see it.

It seems that it used to didn't be this way on my system. Seems like I could choose the option in the application (which opens the results in Notepad), then just close Notepad, and I would then see my application
    as the active window on top.

Thanks for any replies.

TommyEnglish, Mar 14, 2017
  3. Liezl Fal Win User

Hi Tommy,

In order for us to better understand the issue, allow us to ask for a few more details.

• What app were you trying to open?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of your page?
    We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Mar 14, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Pin a shortcut of the application to the Start Menu so that Explorer is not involved when opening the program.

Edwin, Mar 14, 2017
Thema:

1. How make last window open not go to bottom of inactive windows - Similar Threads - last window open

2. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  3. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  4. Language Bar inactive after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Bar inactive after last update: After the last update the language bar just stays inactive. I've already looked over other relevant questions here but no answer provided there works for me. What should I do? It's obviously something glitchy from the last updates....
  5. Language Bar inactive after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Bar inactive after last update: After the last update the language bar just stays inactive. I've already looked over other relevant questions here but no answer provided there works for me. What should I do? It's obviously something glitchy from the last updates....
  6. Lid Open Inaction

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lid Open Inaction: Hi, My new laptop HP ENVYx360 Convertible 15 is running on Windows 10 and it does not automatically turn on when I'm opening the lid. The settings of the lid open action are "Turn on the display" but it still does not turn on when I'm opening the lid. However, it turns off...
  7. Open windows / applications suddenly becomes inactive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open windows / applications suddenly becomes inactive?: Happens during gaming, or in any given setting really. While I typed this post, twice. Seems that this happens randomly, although I hardly think it is. It's like some background process makes all open windows and applications inactive, quite often. I have to reclick with my...
  8. How to make a windows to go fast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make a windows to go fast: I found this old laptop that has no hard disk or any drives and i was wandering how to get it working again without buying a hard drive for the moment submitted by /u/mate88mate [link] [comments]...
  9. Subscription going active and Inactive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subscription going active and Inactive: Hello i have a question about Windows Event Forwarding. i was able to set it up and used the Source initiated collector method and added servers successfully to my subscription. My only problem is that most of the devices added show active and then goes inactive and...
  10. How to disable Windows opening programs on inactive monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Windows opening programs on inactive monitors?: Hi all, I have 3 monitors in my setup and I am really getting annoyed how Windows 10 starts a program on the last used monitor. I sometimes turn one or more of my monitors off when I am not using them, but never my main one since it is broken. Is there any way I can...